Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear door was going up as my stupid housemate decided to open the garage door. Collision avoided but now the rear door is in some netherland. If the car is started put into gear then back to park and shut off, the button on the remote or drivers door may or may not open or shut the cargo door. When the back button is pushed the rear will unlock but not open itself. The car has an additional beep when the rear door closes now so I know it is trying to tell me something. I suspect the locks are in some alternate mode. Someone else here had an issue like that last week. Anyone know how to put this thing back to normal?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I must have triggered some hidden timer when I closed it while it was trying to open . I just went back out and it is working normal again. No idea what or why. There is nothing in the manuals.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I must have triggered some hidden timer when I closed it while it was trying to open . I just went back out and it is working normal again. No idea what or why. There is nothing in the manuals.
I've seen something similar. I've only had my MDX a couple of months so I haven't figured everything out yet. When my wife was dropping me off at the airport, she stopped (did not put it in park) and tried hitting the hatch button to open the rear so I could get my luggage while I hit the button on the hatch about the same time and got it in some weird state. Started working fine later. Same thing happened when we were walking up to the car, she was trying to pop it with the remote and I was hitting the button and the hatch got confused as to open or close and again went into a weird state. It reset itself and all is fine but I haven't quite figured out what is causing it (besides user error) and how long before it resets itself.

·
Registered
2018 MDX SH-AWD Tech package
1,116 Posts
Just had my batyery disconnected for a couple of hours for some wiring work. Opened the hatch, disconnected the battery. When I went to rehook up the battery I had the same issue. No power control. Manually closed the hatch, restarted the car and all was good. I suspect default the hatch has to be closed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is no hidden button to reset. Unless the door is actually damaged,it will eventually reset when the operation is interrupted.
Yep. It was all shook up. I started to have a Suspicious Mind and began to think I might need to Return to Sender, as it turns out, That's All Right and it works just fine. We can now easily open the hatch and load up our Hound Dog when we go on trips. Sorry, couldn't help it.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Yep. It was all shook up. I started to have a Suspicious Mind and began to think I might need to Return to Sender, as it turns out, That's All Right and it works just fine. We can now easily open the hatch and load up our Hound Dog when we go on trips. Sorry, couldn't help it.
That’s just Too much. It takes awhile,it’s not Now or never.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.