Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about the 2001 color green...is it the same as the 2002 Green Metallic? Is there an Emerald Green for 2001? If the '01 and '02 colors are not the same, can someone do his/her best to describe it (the '01 color, I have seen the '02 green)? I know it's tricky to talk about color, but..

I am looking for a slightly used '01, a difficult job, I know. I am not willing to work with the couple of slimy dealers/salesmen I have met in my area showrooms. I don't know if it's because they think a woman is easy to push around or if they treat everyone the same, but I will do without it.

I can wait...meanwhile I will log on here and see what you interesting people have to say. I was told about the site by a potential seller. Hope things work out with him.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
594 Posts
First off...

Well, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. Hopefully you'll find it as useful as the rest of us.

I think you have a good idea looking for a used one -- one place to watch is the classified area of this site, or Ebay. SOme of our forum members have sold due to job change, company car available, or being transferred overseas. You can have it flatbed shipped to you and easily save some money.

Prices on the used ones haven't depreciated as much as say, an Explorer, however....

In 2001, there were 2 greens -- Granite Green, and Dark Emerald Pearl. Granite Green was carried over for 2002 -- you can see pictures in ther gallery here, or on the acura.com website (or request a brochure from the website). Granite Green is a very popular color on this website, but is really more of a dark grey with maybe a hue of green. I think the key word in its name is 'Granite', not 'Green'

Dark Emerald Pearl was a beautiful color -- and actually pretty close to what the name sounds -- a dark emerald. It is a very deep dreen mettalic -- very rich looking. It was my wife's favorite color when we were looking in 2001. I was able to find a really good set of pictures by searching for emerald -- take a look.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?&threadid=1180&highlight=emerald

Good luck, and stay tuned to this site.

·
Registered
595 Posts
HI...

As a 02 MDX owner.. I'd say get a 02 .. not 01..
Because there were many problems that's fixed on the 02,
and it is a smoother ride, with more sound proof add-in's..

The price difference is not much since you are giong to spend around 400000..

Like many have said, you can maybe order from a different place, and have them ship it to you..

I'd say don't give up yet.. I went to more than 7 just to find a good dealer with best price..

so.. good luck.. but as david says.. if you still want 01, e'bay and this site

would be a good place for you to find them.. but I don't know how save is it..

I mean you never know how the first owner drives the car.. and it does matter..

as to how well the car can last..

my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Catsanddogs welcome to the forum :)

Davegood has given you a very nice pic of the dark emerald pearl. One thing you need to know - saddle interior comes with the dark green & Granite Green only comes with black interior.

Here is a link for Granite green, which does look a lot more gray than green.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3554&highlight=granite+green+pic

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. We are all here to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all, especially to Dave. That was great of you to link me to a picture. As I said, it's very hard to *describe* a color.
It was a great help.
I will certainly re-think the '01, especially if sound is a factor. I do
a lot of highway driving and a quiet cockpit is a must.
Thanks again. Looking forward to speaking with you again next time.

·
Registered
594 Posts
No problem, and don't worry...

No problem for the link, and don't worry too much about the 01/02. I decided to wait for an 02, as I wanted to see the blue coming out in 02, and really liked (and ended up getting) the new 02 red. I don't own both to make a valid comparison, but the changes for 02 included the following:

moved the front roof rack bar rearward to reduce noise
additional sound deadening in the roof
thicker windshield
intermittent rear wiper setting (this is actually really worthwhile)
new side view mirrors that are supposed to reduce windnoise.

I test drove an 01 initially, and never felt that it was loud, though, so don't think that you're gonna end up with some incredibly loud driving SUV with the 2001 model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts