Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Acura does a pretty good job for notifying you for when a service is due. All the service code will around an oil change and it will always start to warn you at 15% of oil life left. There are still some maint stuff not included on the codes like:
- balance tires
- check (for optimal) PSI for tires
- cross rotate tires
- alignments
- checking donut/spare tire
- flush brake fluid every 3 years
- flush power steering fluid around 100,000 miles
- replace serpentine belt (and other worn serpentine belt parts) around 100,000
- check battery if +5yrs old (charge, corrosion, etc...)
- check radiator cap after 120,000-150,000 miles (had to replace radiator cap on every Honda I've had over 150,000 miles).

I'm sure that are a lot more items others can add to keep you out of the shop and on the road.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
What I've found at multiple dealers is that the price is always cheaper when asking for things individually instead of just saying "I need the B13" service.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
You can also save some $$ if you have the time to do some work yourself or with a 3rd party like:
- purchase oil from Walmart for Acura to use (I use syn Mobil 1 5w20)
- purchase cabin and engine air filters local/on-line and replace (can charge up to $100 for one filter change)
- Lifetime alignment from Firestone (check twice a year or with new tires)
- Rotation/cross rotations, balance/road-force balance lifetime with Discount tires for a small fee
- purchase pads/brake fluid and find local mechanic for at-least 1/2 cost compared to Acura

I'm usually charge about $26+car wash for a A12 or B12 service since I do some of the work myself. I leave the transmission, transfer case, sh-awd, anti-freeze, and power steering fluids for Acura since the intervals are so long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts