Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post and a request for help:

I have a '02 White base MDX for which I purchased the Acura running boards. These were bought through a friend, and I was thinking about installing them myself. However, the running boards did not come with any instructions at all. The brackets look similar and I have no idea by just looking at them where each piece goes. I have searched the boards and found some tips on jdvorin697's thread, but the actual instructions with pictures would be helpful.

So, can anyone tell me where I can find them on the web, or perhaps even fax/mail me a copy of your instructions if you still have them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

I haven't checked myself, but try Hondacuraworld.com. Tim has put many of the instructions for other accessories there too.

As many posts will attest, Tim has been invaluable to this forum. Great prices, service and advice and an all around good guy!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tim has them!

The installation instructions are at Hondacuraworld.com.

Just select MDX and Running Boards and the instructions are in PDF format.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I printed out the instructions and will hopefully try to install them this weekend. I'll post a follow-up on my results.

·
3,108 Posts
Can the running boards be installed with the MDX on the ground, or do you have to jack it up some, and get underneath?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can install them without raising the car up but it is pretty tight. I installed my side steps (same installation procedures) on the ground.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
As long as you have enough space on the sides. You don't need to jacked up the car. It took me 2 hours to installed it.

Good Luck~~

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
JTM said:
As long as you have enough space on the sides. You don't need to jacked up the car. It took me 2 hours to installed it.

Good Luck~~
I had the same appox time. I found it easy to assemble the brackets that attach to the undercarriage and attach them all 6 of them then loosely attach the front then the back then all the connections in between.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts