Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
That’s a really bizarre peice for someone to steal.

I don’t have the part number but I have had good success in the past looking up P/N’s on part websites, such as oemacuraparts.com. You could probably start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
It's called a 'hinge cover' and is a part that gets removed, cut, and reinstalled if a roof rack is to be installed. I suspect yours likely just flew off and is laying near a road somewhere.

I detailed the removal and install of this part in a thread I started here a long time ago for a 'roof rack self install' and it includes some pics. It might be helpful for you. It's very easy to install a new one yourself.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Just had to buy this a few months ago. It comes off sometimes if you go through a touch carwash. Mine came off because it was already loose from the white paint defect causing a roof repaint and the body shop didn't know how to put it back on.

PN: 74885-TZ5-A00

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ours came off in a no touch carwash AND we did have the white paint defect BOTH on the top of the car and the driver side passenger door. Well, until I read this I did not know the part name or where to buy. Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts