Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if i can use an 98 accord v6 coilover on my 02 mdx? Anything is appreciated.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
No? completely different shock setup?
To elaborate:

Front in the Accord uses Double Wishbone while the MDX uses McPherson
Rear in the Accord it uses Strut (Shock + Spring Combo) while the MDX uses a Shock and separate Spring.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
No worries man..
As far as a drop you can use the Odyssey Springs and it will give you a nice -1.5" Drop.
But for shock absorbers we are stuck with OEM and 3 aftermarket options only, None of them are adjustable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know if i were to use the odyssey spring + oem absorber will my ride be bumpy? Kinda want to get a feel of how the ride is going to be before taking action.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I sincerely cannot say.. I would expect it to be firmer since Lowering Springs tend to be more stronger in order to avoid bottom out, But since these are the Odyssey Spring I dunno...

As far as the shocks go it should be fine, Almost every Honda and Acura are over-Sprung! Perhaps the Odyssey Springs are almost the same ratio as the MDX just shorter?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much for replying back and the answers you provided. I will wait and see...thabks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts