Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am new to this forum, came from a 2012 TL Sh-AWD. Unfortunately, it was total late June 2016 and since then, i have hunting for a '16 MDX SHAWD with Advance (maybe also Ent Package). I am looking for a used one under 12k miles at most. The colors i been looking Top Choice is White (what i truly want), Lunar Silver, or Graphite Luster with BLACK interior.

Anyways, I found one that is graphite SHAWD Adv and Ent. Package, 11k miles, my biggest problem---- its Parchment interior....

What are your thoughts of this Parchment color? do they get dirty quick? etc....

Is the entertainment package worth it? or better to buy ipads for the kids?

btw, its going for under $46k. Planning in getting it a bit lower if i decide to go with this combo. thanks!

thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Hey all,

I am new to this forum, came from a 2012 TL Sh-AWD. Unfortunately, it was total late June 2016 and since then, i have hunting for a '16 MDX SHAWD with Advance (maybe also Ent Package). I am looking for a used one under 12k miles at most. The colors i been looking Top Choice is White (what i truly want), Lunar Silver, or Graphite Luster with BLACK interior.

Anyways, I found one that is graphite SHAWD Adv and Ent. Package, 11k miles, my biggest problem---- its Parchment interior....

What are your thoughts of this Parchment color? do they get dirty quick? etc....

Is the entertainment package worth it? or better to buy ipads for the kids?

btw, its going for under $46k. Planning in getting it a bit lower if i decide to go with this combo. thanks!

thanks for your feedback.
It sounds like the car is already discounted a lot. Most of the cost of the entertainment is already discounted..

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I can assure you Parchment is the worst interior color you can ever choose from....
I cant get it to stay clean for more than 3 days it always get dirty somehow and If I leave the windows down and cruise the door edge near the window will get dirty FAST..

What I am trying to get to is... Parchment attracts Dirt and Stains FAST..
Avoid it at all costs if you are not happy about cleaning your interior every week.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
For $46K (or even half or a quarter of that) get the colors you want. Don't settle for something you'd rather not have. If you can't find one where you've been looking then cast your net wider. You're going to have to live with your choice likely for years.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
We have the parchment on our '12 and I really don't think it's that bad. It's a kid schlepper so it gets dirty but it cleans very easily (it's plasticized like most leather these days). My wife doesn't like dark interiors so maybe I'm just used to wiping it down every month or so to keep it from getting noticeably dirty. That being said, Graphite (dark gray) and Parchment (tan) sounds like a hideous combination and after a little research, that's not even a possible build option according to Acura's site. You sure it's not actually Graystone interior?

Seems like a hefty discount though for an Advance/Ent. I think the Entertainment is a complete waste of money but you're already $6k-$7k cheaper than a new '16 (and $10k cheaper than a new '17). That's almost too cheap so I'd be looking around for prior accident/damage history.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We purchased a 2017 with parchment, the prior Gen 2 we purchased nearly 9 years ago was also parchment, it survived a family with three kids just fine. Yes it gets dirty easily but also cleans off easily. Am personally not a fan of dark interiors like black on black, but to each his choice. In the multitude of cars we have previously owned, only one of mine has had a black interior.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That being said, Graphite (dark gray) and Parchment (tan) sounds like a hideous combination and after a little research, that's not even a possible build option according to Acura's site. You sure it's not actually Graystone interior?
Wow, thanks for checking on this. After a little more research with the VIN, the interior color is correct. Its Parchment. However, the EXTERIOR color is incorrect. Its the Forest Mist Metallic.

grrrr...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts