Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Va.-usa,
Thank you in advance for helping me out....
We are looking at 2010 mdx w/99k miles on it.
1 owner carfax from my state of Va.
Was a trade in at land rover dealer.
From my research (google) 2010 is a good year for mdx's...??
What are your thoughts and what should i expect to have to do to it as far as preventative maintenance if we decide to buy.
Thanks again everyone for helping!!!
Bryan:29:

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would see if you can get all the maintenance items done as part of the deal from the dealer. Timing Belt/Water pump/ Serpentine Belt/ Idler and Tensioner pulley/Tranny Fluid, Diff fluid, Transfer case fluid, PS fluid, spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter, oil change.

Any year is good depending on what you're looking for and your priorities. 2010 was the first year with the refreshed exterior design/slightly different interior/6spd tranny among the main items.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Welcome to the family!!!

I would plan on exchanging all fluid over time if they haven't been done yet (power steering, brake, 6AT, transfer case, sh-awd, anti-freeze, engine oil), plan on replacing serpentine belt with a kit, the usual alignment and check suspension parts, check battery if still OEM, and plan on the 100,000 mile service that can run you $700 to $1700 depending on what needs to be done (spark plugs, value adjustment, coolant, filters, belt tensioner, etc...).

There was a good chance the previous owner didn't want to spring for the 100,000 mile service and rather put the money down on a new(er) vehicle. I've done the this service on my TSX and RDX and they both ran a lot better afterward (better acceleration, improved mpgs). I probably just got the vehicles back to normal after 100,000 miles of use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sad news it sold before we could get there......so....still looking and gathering vital info.
Thanks for everybodys welcome and vital info!
Bryan

·
Registered
798 Posts
There was a good chance the previous owner didn't want to spring for the 100,000 mile service and rather put the money down on a new(er) vehicle.
I think this is quite often the case in used MDX's coming up on 100k. This is a good way to negotiate on the price in case of OP's searching and also something any new buyer should be aware of in terms of planning and factoring in maintenance cost hit at 100k.

Good luck with your search and feel free to post other prospective cars here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts