Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Steve and I am a Mechanical Engineer and a first time MDX owner. I'm the third owner of this vehicle according to the CarFax. It is a 2007 Model, black exterior, tan interior, entertainment package and 164,000 miles. I have been really impressed with the performance of the Acura so far. I bought my ride 3 months ago after I had a thrown rod in my 2002 Nissan. I have had other SUV's in the past but this one has been by far the best one I've ever owned. I am not new to forums and have used them in the past to try and figure out problems with other rides that I have owned or still own. I am a member of another forum call PreludePower and have been one for over 12 years. I bought an 88' S Prelude sometime in 06' and just played with it until I could get a different daily beater. I used that forum to do tons of research on my Prelude and decided to make some changes to it.

Things that I changed on my prelude:
1. I did an engine swap. I went from the stock 88' S B20A3 dual-carbed motor, stock horsepower between 98 and 104 to an 96' JDM H22A engine, Si Model and around 220 hp :grin:
2. Poly Motor Mounts.
3. 300 hp axles, custom made
4. Moved the battery to the trunk, The H22A weighs around 60 lbs more than the B20A3 so I wanted some room and weight displacement.
5. Coil over gas shocks that lowered the ride and added 36 degrees of adjustment.
6. I had to find an engine harness that came off of a 91' Model Si Prelude and have it merged with the H22A engine harness. Going from ODB0 to ODB1.
7. Replace the old 88' S model gas tank with a 91' Si gas tank.
8. Ran a return line for the new gas tank.
9. Moved the under the hood fuse box to the trunk, need more room.
10. Replace the whole interior electrical harness with a electrical harness from a 91' model Prelude. (ODB0 to OBD1) I did a long write-up of the electrical on PreludePower and they made it a sticky to their website :grin: (I use the same name on that forum)
11. Removed old side mirrors (manual) with ones from a 89' Si model (electrical)
12. Replaced manual windows with powered ones.
13. Cleaned and painted all of the suspension parts. (Replaced all of the bushings too)
14. Of course I changed out the stock stereo.
15. Changed the instrument gauges from 88' to 91'
16. Re-did the entire interior panels and carpet. SEM paint is the stuff!!!! Love it!
17. Made the transmission fit-up to my existing shifter. Funny thing is, all of the gears are backwards. 1st is down, 2nd is up and so forth. (I like it that way, no one can drive it that great with out killing the engine, even though it will start and take off in 2nd gear, just not fast! :laugh:)
18. many more things that I will think of later I'm sure.

I can't wait to start doing research on the MDX and see what I can learn/problem solve/create after I search around more on here.
Well that's it for now, see in the forum.:29:

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Congrats and welcome!!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Welcome. This site is great source for info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.