Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. Bought my 05 mdx a year ago for a decent deal. My first SUV. I love it! Never even crossed my mind when considering an SUV, until I was advised to. Good thing, for my price range, it was newer and nicer than others. Bought it from a small used car dealership. Only heard some of it's history though. They got it at auction "running and driving". After a couple weeks they went to spiff it up and check it probably to price it. Turned out the tranny was bad. They let it sit in their dead lot for at least a year or two before finding a good enough deal to replace it. Swapped tranny for one with 100k on it, no problems they said. It ran great on test drive, but I couldn't budge them on price because of their total investment...I purchased anyway because it was still a good price and 4 hrs away. Got a blinking light on the drive home, but nothing major, fixed next day. No major problems, just usual maintenance, and expected repairs due to extensive storage time. It has some little quirks, but nothing that would cause dislike of it. After researching the life expectancy of mds, I went for it. Then I saw the drifting and hill climbing videos... Convinced! A good buy in my opinion so far. I wanted an SUV for work and life. Some light hauling in truck, some light pulling or towing occasionally, and room for a big dog and possible future children simultaneously. I require leather and power and heated seats. It hits it all. After buying it, I looked again at the suv I thought I wanted before, BMW x5... wow, mdx interior is SO much better looking. The beamer looked like crap after that. Took awhile to realize that the speedometer is low by 5mph, I assume because of the tranny swap? But not sure. I don't care though. I drove my old Honda without a working speedometer or odometer for years! I've replaced brakes, (needs tires,) 1 rear shock, 1 or 2 sensors, changed fluid in pumpkin, and power steering. Still noisy ps upon startup, but ok. Doing lower ball joints, bought a arms actually, $10 more, and one tie rod, and alignment this weekend. Then a couple tires. Needs a windshield now thanks to highway trucks throwing rocks at me, both passenger doors locks quit responding to switch, and rear hatch lock needs fixed. Rear temp control doesn't work for some reason, but not a problem for a single person, no kids. Overall, a cash deal with no payment and good awd suv. Can't wait for the new tires and suspension parts though, I wanna snow drift this thing bad!!! Cheers all, happy mdxing!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Welcome! For odo accuracy issues first check the tire size currently on the car vs what the correct size is. Also make sure to check that all the tires are the same size as AWD cars are particularly sensitive to this to the point you shouldn't even have any significant wear difference between 2 tires on the same axle and even better should never have any tire with a significant difference in remaining tread at any position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts