Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I installed my heated steering wheel today and everything seemed to work good until my test drive I for got to remove plastic clip on cable reel. So I had to remove steering wheel to fix that issue then when I reconnected everything my dash started to look like a Christmas tree full of lights. LKAS, power steering, lane departure, brakes, and more came on. I took everything off checked everything but still have all the lights. Any help? I tried turn on and off the start button trick no luck.. plugs seem ok.. crazy..

·
Registered
15 Posts
You made sure all harnesses were firmly seated on the second reinstall? For kicks did you try and reinstall old steering wheel and also disconnect battery and reconnect?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ran into the same issue and double checked everything. One of the steps in the installation instructions says to clear dtc codes with an Hds tool. Is there a manual way to do this without the tool. If I hold nav back and menu it takes me to the diagnostic screen. On the tcu menu there is a dtc codes button but it only displays the codes on the steering display with no option to delete the codes. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I took my MDX to dealer the next day and they had to reset steering wheel cable reel sensor. I disconnect it with battery still connection trying to adjust the steering wheel one last time to get steering wheel straight. I should have disconnected battery but though I'll be quick and smart.. trust me disconnect the battery each time your adjust or doing anything with steering wheel. Glad my dealer didn't charge me for trying to be smart. The wife laughed at me which was kinda worst but free.. lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks so much for the following up. I have disconnected the battery each time I've pulled the wheel, which is 3 times now and no luck. Given all the codes we got were steering related I figured it was an issue with the steering wheel angle sensor needing to be recalibrated or the reel. I have an appointment with acura on friday will tell them to reset the steering wheel cable sensor. Should be the same fix and probably won't take them more than 5 minutes to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts