Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says my heat is pretty ehhh from the front vents. I took it to a mechanic and he said the heater core valve was leaking and fixed it. The heat did get a lot better but now my blower motor is messed up. Making a lot of noise when I blast my fan up high. So I am going to replace the front blower motor as well as the blower motor resistor. Will that help with my front heat? It is a 05 MDX.

·
Registered
962 Posts
It does sound like a bad blower, but first remove it and make sure that there is no debris in the blower impeller wheel. Rodents love to build homes there in the Winter.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
What bluepill said! If the noise is squeaky or whiny, it could be the motor bearings going out. Sometimes this will also cause the motor to be intermittent (because the clearances to the brushes increase).

But if it's more of a rumbling sound (kind of like an itty bitty washing machine with an unbalanced load), then the problem is more likely debris in the fan blades. It's not that difficult for the debris to get in there, and it just accumulates until it starts throwing the whole fan off-balance.

Here's what mine looked like...

http://www.habcycles.com/mdxfandebris.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts