Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving to Fort Myers to see my dad, and all of the sudden the headunit was stuck on the phone screen page. I pulled over twice and restarted the MDX and still is there. What should I do? I disconnected my Bluetooth and it is still there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the climate buttons work.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Try making a call with your phone connected. Use the phone if you can’t call from the car. When the phone disconnects,it may reset.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try making a call with your phone connected. Use the phone if you can’t call from the car. When the phone disconnects,it may reset.
So the problem resolved itself.

I was given two options:
1) Take it to Acura to see if they had an update since I was still in warranty
2) Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes

This problem dissolved by having the MDX turned off for 30 minutes. Something I'd expect from a Nissan, not from Acura.

·
Registered
2015 MDX Tech SHAWD
58 Posts
When I went to the NY Auto show there was an RLX there with this exact issue. Everyone was just ignoring it smh.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Seems like Acura is having serious issues with electronics.
My 18 has been laid up for over 30 days so far with issues, and the current loaner is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
So the problem resolved itself.

I was given two options:
1) Take it to Acura to see if they had an update since I was still in warranty
2) Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes

This problem dissolved by having the MDX turned off for 30 minutes. Something I'd expect from a Nissan, not from Acura.

What do you have against Nissan?
Electronics can go wonky on any car. I test drove a Mercedes with 8,000 miles on it. It had a complete safety system melt down during the test drive. A second one had a failure when I tried the adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you have against Nissan?
Electronics can go wonky on any car. I test drove a Mercedes with 8,000 miles on it. It had a complete safety system melt down during the test drive. A second one had a failure when I tried the adaptive cruise control.
I need to link my rant tread from the nissan forums.

Head unit restarts out of the blue, headunit crashes after phone call when I disconnect on the phone, navigation takes you in circles, CVT in majority of its products, low quality customer service, cutting lots of corners, cheap quality feeling for $31k, cloth seats when its supposed to be fully leather trim, leather on steering wheel is rough not smooth, LCD quality is a joke for a 2016, very slow (car cant keep up with traffic flow without issues)...

Do you want me to continue?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts