Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a question....I just ordered a DVD system and should be getting it soon (along with my new MDX which will be here in a couple of days :D )...I'm now worried that maybe the LCD monitors that will go on the headrests are too big. The monitor screen is diagonal 5.6 in....but with the mount it ends up being 5.5 x 7in. Does anyone know if this will fit in the back of the headrest?? Also, I ordered the same size for the passenger visor... will it fit? Thanks! By the way, love this site...very addicting!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
These are FRAMED monitors? If so, I believe they will fit as I have done 5.6" screens in MDX headrest before, but I eliminated the mount, and just mounted the framed monitor in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Also, if it is a framed monitor like the above that you ordered for the visor, you're going to be taking it apart so you just have a raw screen or else your visor will look like a loaf of bread :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
how much $$ ?

Can anyone give me an idea how much it would cost to have one headrest monitor added? My mobile dvd player allows an external monitor, and that would be perfect. The other thing is, I wouldn't know where to go to get it done--would a place like BestBuy be okay, or would I need a specialty installer?

Thanks!! Louise:4:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think best buy MIGHT do those prefabbed headrest monitors that just screw ON TOP of the headrest. You could send your headrests to us and we can do them, just like you see above, and send them back. They are prewired so all you have to do is give them power and the video cable.

·
Registered
140 Posts
OH, as far as price, labor PER headrest, for like you see above, is $125 a side plus the monitor. Monitors range anywhere from $100 and up, depending on size of screen and brand name. I'd recommend something like Icon, 5.6" screen or bigger, which would run in the $450 - $500 area, INSTALLED.

·
Registered
426 Posts
headrest screen

ron, what is the biggest size screen that i can fit into the mdx headrest? also, i sent you an email yesterday to your streeteffect addy.

sami shalash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts