Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the Piaa Ion Yellow Japan made bulb for my fogs, and the Super Plasma 5000k also from Piaa (Japan Made) for my high beams. Here are some pic's:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another

the Piaa Ion Yellow have a slight yellow hue when your at directly, and when you drive all you see is yellow at lower level

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another

another

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another

fogs

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Super Plasma 5000k

They appear to have the BMW hid look much brighter than the stock bulb. I think it will be a good match to the hid4less stage II's I'm awaiting for my low beams
Amazing how yellow the stock low beams look can't wait to put the stage II's in!!
The highs are the replacement and the lows are stock awaiting the hids4less stage II system

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
High beam

high's Amazing how yellow the stock lows look!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where did you get the headlight upgrades and how much $$ cost? I like the look on the BMW and Acura cars.
Thanks,
Gar
In Indy

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Autofreak in New Jersey

Auto freak has this website listed below:
Both are Piaa Japan Made Bulbs
Super Plasma 5000k $129.99 High Beams
Ion Plasma 2500k yellow $89.99 Fog Lights

http://www.autofreak.net/lightf.html

They are the japan made bulbs that's why they cost much more, but im my opinion they are much brighter. Alos try ebay and search under piaa and I believe I saw the super plasma for $89.99.

This link is where I first saw them, but didn't want to deal with a website out of USA

http://www.hitechimportlighting.com/piaa.htm

:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
super plasmas

your super plasmas look so much like HID that i'm wondering if HIDs are even worth paying an extra couple hundred $ for.

does any else beg to differ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
if all you want is the look of hids, the piaas look pretty good. i tried the razos and i think they're pretty good.

if you want more light, try the philips vision plus bulbs. they are brighter.

if you want more light, closer to daylight, and the look, then hids are the way to go.

all the blue bulbs diminish light output to some level.

·
Registered
273 Posts
young said:
if all you want is the look of hids, the piaas look pretty good. i tried the razos and i think they're pretty good.

if you want more light, try the philips vision plus bulbs. they are brighter.

if you want more light, closer to daylight, and the look, then hids are the way to go.

all the blue bulbs diminish light output to some level.
Young,

For my fog lights, I'm looking for light output (functionality - not cosmetics). Given that I'll be using Stage 2 lows, what bulb should I use for my fogs?

rflagg

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rflagg try the plasma

Piaa makes a plasma ion white I believe the one lower than the super plasma. This will give you the brightest and whitest for the fogs. I used the Yellow Ion Plasma for cosmetic and brightness but the 4000k or 4500k plasma ion white would be the best IMO stick to the Japan Made Piaa's if you want the brightness and still keep the same wattage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts