Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted a white car, but quite frankly I'm already over it. Guess I'd rather blend in than stick out.

Has anyone here had second thoughts about the color they chose after purchasing their MDX? I recently purchased a 2016 and overall I love this car. The color, however, is diamond white, and have since seen a few other colora including luner silvers which looks nothing like the picture in Acura's website and IMHO is very nice in person! Buyers regret? Not quite. White is also very practical for the heat in Miami. Overtime, I will probably get over it. But how often does one have the resources to purchase a new car and get it right. Wonder if I can trade this one in???? ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
A little similar situation. We ended up with the white on parchment, kinda wish we went white on ebony. Apparently you can finally get ebony on the 2016 model! Still have to admit the we love the white pearl exterior.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We have a 2014 Black with Parchment interior.Our first black car.So far,I like it.On occasion,I start thinking about the white,because of mine showing scratches easier,but I will keep this one for 3-4 years,until I get the fever again!LOL!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
There are no color regrets for me but for me it's a simple process of elimination since I don't like white, black, or any variant of silver/gray on a car - i.e. the colors of over 90% of the vehicles out there - aka boring. I ended up with blue. This is strictly a personal preference - different people have different preferences.

Look at it this way - you liked the color enough to buy it in the first place so it must be an acceptable color to you. There might be times when you're more in the mood for one color or another but if you had purchased one of the other colors you might sometimes wish you had white. The other point is that while you're actually driving the vehicle the exterior color isn't very relevant since you're not really looking at it. Eventually you'll get used to it and probably not think about the color much.

You may be just having typical buyer's remorse (many people do on big buck items) and are focusing it on the color right now but buyer's remorse tends to fade soon.

Regardless, I can't see trading it in for something like the color, one you obviously thought was okay when you bought it, since you'll lose a fair amount of money on trading in your 'used' vehicle. It'd likely cost you thousands of dollars to get a different color if you try to trade it in for another new vehicle.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
One of my co-workers had a family member who traded in a week old Infiniti sedan just for a color change. I think they had to eat maybe $2-3k in depreciation.

I would say you could get it wrapped in vinyl and can choose any color but that would probably cost you the same amount as the depreciation and usually only lasts 5 years.

In the end you want to be happy but unless you can't live with the white I'd let it go. I loved the steel blue on my 2008 when I first went onto the lot but over the years sometimes wish I had gone for the silver or grey color instead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife and I are car lovers and have had many cars of varying colors since we married. For reasons associated with having a clean look when they are dirty, for not easily showing scratches and normal wear and tear, we favor white and light colored vehicles over all other colors. Right now we have a pearl white TL and MDX. The TL is a 2007 and looks like new. The MDX is a 2014 and is very sharp. I do appreciate the black and deep blue and red cars, but it takes so much work to keep them looking their best that I've given up. White is a simple color, but simple in many other ways too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
you always have to look at the color of the car in person in the lot. The websites and glossy never don't work as far as I am concerned. I love the lunar silver that came out this year a lot more than the silver in 2013/2014. I went with the forest mist. I liked the eucalyptus interior but I got one of the first cars to the dealer in June 2013 and they only had parchment which I got to like and now prefer. I think after time you get used to whatever you end up with. I still think silver is the easiest color to keep clean and over the years the color seems to do very well with dents/scratches.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I guess maybe I am too practical (anal financial guy), but I have always liked light exterior colors to reflect the sun and hiding dirt. My three MDXs have been silver, white, & white. Dark color vehicles look great when clean, but I tend not to wash my vehicles on a regular basis. On my 11 the White with Umber combination works really well for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
White's good at hiding dirt

I had 2009 MDX that was white. It looked good even when it was really dirty. My new one is the forest green or whatever they call it. Looks dirty all the time, especially in a dusty climate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are totally right. I've had this car for three months and I still haven't washed it, and it looks fine. The color choice was my wife's and it's my first white car, so perhaps it will take a little getting used to. I'm just a very low key kind of guy, and this car just screams for attention. Thanks all for the kind words!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I'm just a very low key kind of guy, and this car just screams for attention.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this but I think white is the opposite of screaming for attention - it's a quite generic color and blends in with a significant percentage of vehicles on the road. That's actually one of the reasons I don't like white. OTOH it's an SUV, not a sports car.

A couple of days ago on the street in front of work I saw a new Corvette parked and hardly noticed it because it was white and I thought to myself "who would buy a white Corvette when they could have had a real color?". Then, yesterday I noticed a white Jaguar F-Type in my work parking lot and thought the same thing.

Clearly we each have our own subjective tastes when it comes to color of vehicle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I guess I never really paid much attention to white until I bought this car, now I see them everywhere!! Perhaps they're just screaming for attention at me!! ;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have always gone for the colors I like best: Green, Bronze, Blue, etc., but I am shopping again and this time I think I will go with white. Here in AZ any drop in cabin temp is appreciated, and with white I think the dust will show less than on the darker ones. Not certain, but prevailing wisdom seems to say so...

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
with white I think the dust will show less than on the darker ones. Not certain, but prevailing wisdom seems to say so...
You're right - white shows the dust noticeably less than the darker colors.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well PEARL is usually option color on other manufacturers. Flat black is just too plain and PEARL white usually comes on luxury cars and not available on lower brand cars. When I worked at Ford pearl white was $500 option. It shows almost no dirt and it is sharpest color out there but it must be PEARL white not just plain white. Black blue white silver cars? Whatever its like owning cavaliers and Jettas good luck getting pearl white on those

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lunar Silver

We have a '16 Lunar Silver. I fell in love with the color when I saw it in person. My husband is a boring graphite kind of guy. However, when he saw the Lunar Silver in person he was sold.

'16 MDX Tech Lunar Silver/Ebony.

Stacy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Silver all the way and no regrets. Other colors look nice, but silver stays cooler in this FL climate and white will look dirty before silver. I stood back and looked at all the colors and silver was the only one that didn't look dirty at a distance. I love the dark colors, but for my daily driver... no way. My last 3 new vehicle purchases have been silver.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts