Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 touring. So i replace both control arms and end links yesterday. When i pulled the drivers side, i noticed i needed an axel. Quick run to AZ and $60 later I was back to work with a brand new duralast cv axel. Wrapped everything up and went for a test drive. I have an SRS light on, the trip computer only shows the time, and the front tires squeal when i turn corners like the 4×4 lock is activated. However, when i push the 4x4 lock button it doesnt light up or change the behavior. I must have hit something while under there. But i cant for the life of me think of what i possibly could have hit. Please help me brainstorm through this.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The lock button will only light up if the car is in gears 1, 2 or reverse. Does that work? Just don't drive with it on clear roads with it on, see the manual.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Hard to imagine how the SRS and trip computer were affected with suspension work, unless you had the battery out while doing it.

Did you lose a lot of transmission fluid when you swapped the driver's side axle (not an issue with the passenger's side)?

Did you make any attempt to keep the front end alignment correct when you replaced all that stuff?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Wondering if the ABS sensor was affected and if it’s part of SRS?

After reading codes, you could try reset with OBD or battery disconnect. If you disconnect the battery, let the X idle for 7-10 mins with lights, AC, heater fans off so it relearns the idle. You need to re-enter navi and radio codes.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So here is where we are.

1. The awd lock is nott an issue anymore. I tried it while i was sitting still in park and it all worked.

2. The road noise/squealing was the alignment. I did nothing to keep the alignment in place while I replaced the parts because i knew it would still be off and i needed an alignment/set of tires anyway.

3. The trip computer was unrelated. The fuse for the rear wiper also apparently holds the ignition signal for the trip computer. I took it to the car wash after replacing the parts to wash my handprints off the side and the car wash ripped the rear wiper off. Worst car wash damage i have ever seen. Disconnected the wiper motor and replaced the fuse. Evrything is back in working order.

4. Side note: did you know the seat memory and seat heaters are on the same circuit? (Borrowed a fuse)

5. I havent reset the SRS light yet. But will check back in when i do.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6. I had it jacked up at a hard angle towards the passenger side when replacing the axle. The trans fluid i lost was minimal and I would have measured in tablespoons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts