1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I have 20 inch; RonJon Legacy Type II Custom Graphite face with machine lip with Continental DWS P255/45ZR-20. So far, this tire/rim combo has been very nice for city, hwy, and sporty driving. I like these tires so much, I have these tire on all three of my Acuras. They have new replacement tires called Continental DWS 06 that are suppose to be even better than the older DWS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look nice! I'll have to look into those as well. I have the DWs on my TL, and love them so far

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that. It looks like I need 255/45R20. The error table for that is -.04, the smallest difference

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is the road noise. I'm thinking of picking these up, the DWS 06

I have 20 inch; RonJon Legacy Type II Custom Graphite face with machine lip with Continental DWS P255/45ZR-20. So far, this tire/rim combo has been very nice for city, hwy, and sporty driving. I like these tires so much, I have these tire on all three of my Acuras. They have new replacement tires called Continental DWS 06 that are suppose to be even better than the older DWS.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
How is the road noise. I'm thinking of picking these up, the DWS 06
I've notice with my RDX and MDX, the speedo is about 1.5-2 mph faster than my actual speed. I have 18" OEM size Conti DWS on my RDX and up size 20" on my MDX. I just noticed with those road side speed checkers are always off by that much when I drive by them (Roadside 33-34 mph, Odo shows 35 mph for example). The +2 mph stays the same no matter the speed, might be the tires or maybe an Acura thing.

It really depends on how new the conditions of the hwy road surface. Acura/Honda already have a higher road noise level than they should. I've noticed the older the paved surface, the louder the tires can be. The noise level is at its highest at +80 mph on crappy asphalt surfaces (whisper quiet on the fresh stuff at any speed). My rule of thumb is the darker the asphalt=less noise for the ride.

There is less noise on the exactly same surface with Conti DWS with 30,000 miles compared to the OEM Michelins with the same mileage. I always do a rotation and then and cross rotation every oil change to even out the wear during tire life. Cross rotations are suppose to help with road noise as the tires start to wear (give a more even wear across the entire tread to help keep noise levels down). A plus for Conti DWS for being non-directional and you can rotate/X-rotate compared to direction tires you can only front/back rotate.

I will be ready for new tires next year at this time. I will also go with DWS 06 on the MDX.:29:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Keep us posted and post some pics when done.:29:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I like the look! This would have been the rim/tire combo I would have picked if I had a darker color MDX. I saved the best tire and put it on an OEM rim for a full size spare. The lugs for my RonJon 20" Rims were different from the OEM Adv rims. I have to keep the OEM lugs in the MDX if I ever get a flat. The rims you picked might already be compatible with OEM lugs since they are a factory upgrade.

I also have two sets of wheel locks just to make me feel better:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts