Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone in another thread had requested pix of my new HB Touring....so here they are! Car is a week old I Love iT!!!

lilypad:D

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's one more...

...just getting the hang of posting pics :)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just one more...

HONEST!! LOL!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Looks very beautiful, like a piece of art!:2: :eek: :18: :29:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Very nice! The BSMs look great - now all you need are side steps....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.....

Paul and AcuraMDX2002, I really do love my car. Looks better in person actually, I'm still not quite competent in using the digital camera. Paul, I like the black on the MDX best of all the colors I think, but I just couldn't commit to the upkeep!! LOL! And Acura, funny you should mention sidesteps....for the last 4 days or so I've realized they will be my first new accessory. For function even! I'm rather short, and it should be easier getting in and out with them.

lilypad

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice!!

Although we own a MB, I like the look. I've yet seen HB in person. Is it my screen or is the a bit of green in that blue, or is it more of a muted baby blue?

TIA

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Nice . . .

Nice pics . . . is it me or under certain lighting conditions does the HB look like granite green ? This may be a possible alternative for all those who bemoan the early demise of GG . . .

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Nice . . .

socalJD said:
Nice pics . . . is it me or under certain lighting conditions does the HB look like granite green ? This may be a possible alternative for all those who bemoan the early demise of GG . . .
You are right, it does in some light. Or I should say in some light the GG looks similar to HB. That's probably more accurate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lookin' good

Great pictures of your X - thanks for the post.

Not so fast on the sidesteps - does anyone else here besides me think that maniks would look better on the HB??!!

Obviously lilypad its your preference - I just think the silver would go great with that color. No matter what you chose...update us with more pictures! It inspires us non-MDX'ers in here.

·
Registered
570 Posts
NICE "X"! It does have more of the"greenish" hue in those pics from someone's earlier pics of HB, but still very nice. :4:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really have to apologize...

about the quality of those photos! Like I said I'm new to this digital photography stuff. Also it didn't help that I took those photos towards the end of the day with tree shadows on the HB MDX! It does, though, kinda change colors depending (not sure on what). It's got a bit of green in it, but doesn't look as green in person as in the photos. It's kind of a robin's egg or baby blue, but more subtle. Sorry, that's the best I can describe it! I love the granite green color too and have seen that in person as well. Actually, HB doesn't look at all like GG in person. ( I think the shadows in my photo are deceiving). To compare to another MDX color, HB looks closest to the Silver IMHO.

I'll have to try to take better pix once I get those sidesteps. You guys really think the Maniks would look good? I remember seeing some in a pix somewhere, from someone but don't recall the thread. Was that you Dale? Can you get those from Tim as well?

lilypad

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Tim doesn't carry them. Nordleth.com is probably the most reliable source of Manik side steps.
I highly recommend you read through the pros and cons of Maniks vs. Acura steps.
But to get the stainless look you have to go with Maniks or get Acura steps powder coated which is not cheap, but does look very nice.
I highly recommend you spend time researching the pros and cons. Maniks have some issues, but nothing serious that can not be fixed, but in the end they look "Simply Mahvelous!!!!!"
My wife and I find we use them more too.
We got more into the habit, which will be good come rainy season when you would not want to rub your pant legs, or stockings against wet or dirty steps as you get in by trying to step over them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks so much for the tips and help Dale! I'll check out that website and do the research on the Maniks. As for the research, are you suggesting threads in our "Accessory" Forum or is there other places? (Sorry I'm being a pain :) )
lilypad

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL Dale...

I drift too, in just about anything, lol. Thanks for the info, I'll start doing some searches in threads on the board.

lilypad:4:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I have yet to see one in person ...

... but I would love to see a GG and an HB side by side in the daylight. Sat next to a GG at a stop light yesterday; I always liked that color. Your pictures seem to show a lot of green in the HB paint, apparently not a big difference in the two colors. I'm still waiting for the in person look.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
msu.....

If looking at them side-by-side, I'm sure you'd agree with me that the GG is MUCH darker than the HB. HB looks light blue in the sunlight, and more silvery/and/greenish in shade or overcast skies. There is a hint of green in the HB, but it definitely leans towards the blue side. It's a hard color to pin down!

lilypad:8:

·
Registered
250 Posts
msu79gt82,.

There is NO comparison between the GG and Havasu Blue.
I parked my GG beside a HB at the service department and the
GG is much darker. I think HB is more of a silver shade.
Much lighter than GG.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts