Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being told on March 25th that my MDX would be in on April 15th, I stopped by the dealer yesterday (phone calls and emails were not being returned) and was told that the build date for my truck has slipped to May 1 - 5 so it won't be in until around May 15th. To say I'm getting impatient and irritated at the lack of communication from the salesman is an understatement.

Kim

·
Registered
67 Posts
The folks at Niello told me that they didn't expect to see any Havasu Blue cars until June.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mikel51 said:
The folks at Niello told me that they didn't expect to see any Havasu Blue cars until June.
Who knows what will happen but the dealer showed me the actual report that he printed out yesterday morning so I know they're telling me what they know to be true at this point. I knew it was going to be a wait but now that I've been given a delivery date, it's frustrating to have it slip a month.

Kim

·
Registered
339 Posts
I figure Honda engineers are still using a bucket and a stick to try to figure out how to best mix the blue paint... :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Kim,
Appears you and I will likely be getting our Havasu Blue X's around the same time.

My dealer (Gary Force Acura) has given me a build date of the week of 5/1. Said I'd likely be able to pick it up around 5/15 (which works well for us, since hubby & I will be in Dallas 5/9-12 for the Paul McCartney concert). Guess I've been lucky, as Ed (our salesman) has called many times to provide updated information, and sometimes just to see how I'm handling the wait (doesn't want me to get discouraged).

Keeping my fingers crossed that neither of us has to wait any longer than May 15th for our X's. I've been trying for an 'X' since last June 30th. Would be nice to have one before a whole year had passed.

Think happy thoughts!:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Havasu Blue sighting

We were passed by an MDX on our way back from New Orleans Saturday. I'm pretty sure it was a Havasu Blue. My first impression was "gun metal" or "pewter", but I know those colors don't exist. It looked pretty much like the Havasu Blue on the Acura web site. It had a Louisiana tag, so it probably came from the dealer in NO or BR.

My wife saw it behind us in the rear view mirror, and we anxiously waited for it to overtake us so we could check it out. We assumed they would slow down and check out our RR Pearl, but they blew past us without looking or waving:confused: . We were really disappointed.

Anyway, if this was Havasu Blue, then they must be shipping them; if it wasn't, what was it?

- Conrad

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Re: Havasu Blue sighting

conradsmith said:
if it wasn't, what was it?

- Conrad
Granite Green.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Havasu Blue sighting

conradsmith said:
We were passed by an MDX on our way back from New Orleans Saturday. I'm pretty sure it was a Havasu Blue. My first impression was "gun metal" or "pewter",
I bet it was Granite Green - depending on the lighting, that one can look grey. I saw one just the other day that I would have called Gunmetal Grey. From the sample in the brochure, Havasu Blue looks like it's going to be mainly silver with a slight bluish tint.

Kim

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
KAC,

which dealer did you order your MDX from?

I waited 7 months for my SS, but my salesperson was good enough to keep communicate with me.

- JTM

PS> GOOD LUCK for your waiting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JTM said:
KAC,

which dealer did you order your MDX from?

I waited 7 months for my SS, but my salesperson was good enough to keep communicate with me.

- JTM

PS> GOOD LUCK for your waiting.
Hall Acura of Newport News.

My dealer was doing okay with the communication until recently. He called me a couple of times during the wait to let me know he hadn't forgotten me but I knew the wait was going to be long so wasn't expecting to hear anything until March/April. I called in March and he called me back after a couple of days to let me know he had a build date (4/1-5) with expected delivery on 4/15. He told me to finalize my options (I'm getting the more difficult installs from them - easy installs from Tim) and email him which I did a few days later. Then nothing. I called to make sure he got my email but couldn't get a response. I called again - no response. Finally, we just stopped by there on Saturday. He wasn't in but a manager helped us and showed me the printout of expected cars he had just printed out. The salesman still hasn't called - you would think he would call to apologize after hearing I was in there to check on things two days before the delivery date he gave me. Hopefully this will all be over soon - it's only 15 days to May 1st.

Kim

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just checked on the Havasu Blues. The first build dates we have is a 184 April 28; and 2 182's April 29th. Those should hit the ground about the 10th of May. It seems that was when we were expecting them to start with.

·
Registered
273 Posts
RGWomack said:
I just checked on the Havasu Blues. The first build dates we have is a 184 April 28; and 2 182's April 29th. Those should hit the ground about the 10th of May. It seems that was when we were expecting them to start with.
Roger,

I thought you were working at another dealership?

rflagg

·
Registered
426 Posts
rflagg,
I transferred to our Mitsubishi store. I was just checking in on you folks. I called Duane over at the Acura Store to get the info first hand on the Havasu. After driving the Monterro for the past month I cant imagine why someone would choose one over the MDX, mark up or no mark up. "I'm gonna make a good Monterro salesman" Eclipse does well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RGWomack said:
Thanks so much for the update Roger - I appreciate hearing this from someone not involved in my purchase. I feel like I can have a little more confidence in the May 1 - 5 build date I was given for a 188.

Kim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DaleB said:
Maybe they should be calling it Wedonthavasu Blue. (sorry!) :rolleyes:
Thanks for the laugh - I needed it today!

Kim

·
Registered
426 Posts
Kim,
Unfortunately it happens to often in this business, if I give you a delivery a month or two before any other dealer you will probably leave the deposit with me. Then when the time rolls around oop's!! You've been taken off the market and it's only another month or so, so you stick with it because you figure if you go somewhere else at this point it may take longer. That is why you need to ask to see their allocation and order list so you can get an approximate of when you will get your MDX.

I've mentioned this before but your salesperson may not know what is really going on. He may be passing on information that he has been told by his manager. Sounds like it's on the way "Best Wishes"

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RGWomack said:
Kim,
Unfortunately it happens to often in this business, if I give you a delivery a month or two before any other dealer you will probably leave the deposit with me. Then when the time rolls around oop's!! You've been taken off the market and it's only another month or so, so you stick with it because you figure if you go somewhere else at this point it may take longer. That is why you need to ask to see their allocation and order list so you can get an approximate of when you will get your MDX.
I left a deposit with these guys in September and they cashed the check (pretty quickly) so there wasn't any reason to lie or play games to keep me there. And it was me that told the salesman that I knew it wouldn't be in until the spring (he still believed that blue would be available at the same time as white and red) so he knew that I was willing to wait.

I believe what I saw on Saturday was the allocation list - a computer printout without much formatting. He went right to my truck and showed me the May 1 - 5 build date - does this sound like I was shown the right thing?

I've mentioned this before but your salesperson may not know what is really going on. He may be passing on information that he has been told by his manager. Sounds like it's on the way "Best Wishes"
I think this may be the case, especially back in the beginning with the color. When he called a few weeks after I placed my deposit to let me know I was right about the debut of Havasu Blue, he told me the decision had just been made - there really wasn't any reason for him to lie since he had my money already so I think he was telling me what he was told. I'm not sure what happened with the date thing though.

Oh well, hopefully it's almost over now. Thanks for the info!

Kim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts