Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Made the deal Saturday night, picked mine up Thursday Night.... I leased it, so I can say is that it was on par with every other dealer I talked with...

· Registered
144 Posts
Let me know how the 9006 PIAA's work/look. I was thinking of putting htem in but wasn't sure if it would be worth it.

I put Manik bars on the MDX last night... so I can say I have mod's now...

· Registered
144 Posts
Manik bars are easy to install. They are light and I did it by myself.

The only thing that got me was that I originally put the mounting brackets on the frame rails instead of directly underneath the body panels and had to unscrew the mounting brackets and relocate the first side I did. I noticed that a support bar had no where to bolt up to and when I spot checked the actual steps it would be located underneath the MDX...

You have to remove "screw hole covers", can't really explain what they are. Other than small black circles under the body. The easiest way I found to remove them was to take small screw driver and push in the center and pull out the cover. Hard to explain but easy to do. If the instructions would've mentioned this it would have taken me under an hour to do both sides, but instead it took 1 1/2 hours.

Only 10 screws into the body to mount the mounting brackets and 8 bolts to mount both bars to the mounting brackets. No drilling or fabricating. Hope this helps.

Only problem is that I can see the stainless bolts against a black mounting bracket and now I have to get used to either using the bars everytime I get in our out of the MDX or stepping around them. (recently I have been hitting my leg against them)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.