Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so disgusted with Acura, I could SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2003 MDX has been NOTHING but trouble, and it's all due to the MORONS at Gettel Acura in Sarasota Florida.

From the moment I picked it up (just one month/1000 miles ago), I've had one "little" problem after another, and EACH time I bring it back to fix a problem, THEY CREATE a NEW PROBLEM:
Tomorrow they are RE-PAINTING MY HOOD FOR THE SECOND TIME to correct the numerous flaws in TODAY's re-paint, which was meant to fix a CHIP in the hood, which they made while correcting the CROOKED HOOD they created while fixing the SQUEAKY HOOD HINGE which suddenly appeared after they replaced the ERRONEOUSLY INSTALLED RUNNING BOARDS with the Side Steps I originally ordered. Did I mention the CROOKED WOOD METER TRIM they installed so badly that I couldn't push the trip odometer buttons???
Acura, you SUCK!
:3:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Doggone it! I hate it when this stuff happens. I truly empathize with you, but hang in there. If I were you, I would take it to another dealer next time there is a problem. Don't keep going back to the same obviously, incompetent place. Check out your area dealers before the next problem arises (lets hope there are no more.) Best of luck and most of all, don't leave us.:(

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't give up

See my thread I posted with my problems "2003 problems". I actually got a check from Acura because of the headaches. I know the knee-jerk response is go to another dealer, but the fact is: this dealer turned your new car into a used one... get some money. Call them and tell them if they don't make concession for the damage, your seeking council. Ask to talk to the manager/owner of the dealership. Be firm, tell them that it is their best interests to keep you happy, as happy customers tell other people, and angry customers tell 10x the people.

After that, stop going there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
:(

sounds like the incompetent dealership is the one to blame. i too have the free woodtrim installed by the dealership and have had no problems. sorry to hear about your problems ... i hope you can have a more skilled dealership to make your MDX ownership a true joy, as it should be.

-henry

·
Registered
131 Posts
kgbmom said:
I am so disgusted with Acura, I could SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Acura, you SUCK!
:3:
Sounds like your dealer sucks.

Have you talked to anyone at ACURA? (not the dealer, the company?

·
Registered
127 Posts
You think you have it bad!

Change Dealers! You will find it is the dealer fault not Acura so much. Here is a little story of my last car. Ford Thunderbird in the first 3 months I had the car 20 days. I bought the car and it had a little scrach 1 inch long. The dealer said they would take care of it. I took it in and after 3 days?? I got the car back with the rear bumper all scratched up. So they keep longer and repainted the rear bumper. The only problem was that the painter dripped paint all down the side of the car all the way to the hood. So they repainted the rear quarter, drivers door, front fender and the hood. Now the car is ready to come back to me and What do you think the bumper is trashed again. They call the paint guy out to ask him what is up only to find out the dealer is parking the car against a chainlink fence that is doing all the damage. No the story doesnt stop there. The dash forms a bubble so that needs to be replace. After keeping the car 2 weeks for that the break the trim on the console. After replacing that they burn out the ECC (Heater controls) by not unhooking the battery before removing and reinstalling the unit. Then they broke the upper trim replacing the. Three months latter and a new car that has been half repainted go figure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW, what a Nightmare, Rodzir!!

You're right, I didn't have it as bad as you! I just picked up the car from the 2nd re-paint today, and it looked good to me. Got it home and hubby immediately found a flaw I hadn't seen. It is pretty tiny, so I may just call it quits. I'm afraid if I take it back, they'll just make it worse.
:headshake
This car is turning out to be anything BUT my dream car!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'd suggest contacting Acura -- even a tiny flaw is too big to overlook -- the car should be perfect. In the meantime, I'd at least try another dealer. Just imagine how happy another dealer will try to make you! They will jump at the chance to show you how much better they are! I might also suggest going to a paint shop (if you know of one or can find a reputable one) and find out how much it'd cost to fix and then suggest to the dealer that they let you get it fixed right at their expense.

I agree with those in this thread that say it's the dealer, not Acura.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I agree with AcuraMDX2002's paint shop idea. Find a local body repair shop that is used by the Honda, Acura, Lexus, MB dealers -- and get a paint quote from them. Ours here in Raleigh (Foster's Autobody) is fantastic!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the plan

We have a local body shop we've used for many, many years. I'm going to take it to them and ask them if this flaw would be "acceptable" to them. I suspect not!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW - All you guys who say the Dealer is not ACURA...

I beg to differ - the dealership IS the most direct representation of Acura there is. If Acura doesn't care enough about the reputation their dealers give to Acura (as demonstrated by their RETARDED survey policy), then I say:

Acura, by the example set by their dealers, SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tell them if they don't 'beat' your expectations on this you will have no problem walking up and down the sidewalk in front of their store, handing out a 1 sheet 'summary' of all that has transpired on your MDX to every customer who drives into their driveway. Call the local news guys too...they may have a slow news day and decide to run a story on your problems. Make sure you tell the dealer about this too.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Re: BTW - All you guys who say the Dealer is not ACURA...

kgbmom said:
. . . the dealership IS the most direct representation of Acura there is . . .

I agree with your assessment here. But have you called Acura yet?
I like the suggestion of contacting your local news channel as well. Good luck to you, I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction, after all, you are the paying customer.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Re: BTW - All you guys who say the Dealer is not ACURA...

kgbmom said:
I beg to differ - the dealership IS the most direct representation of Acura there is.

If you believe this, then you're getting what you deserve!

You can either manage the system, or let it manage you!

You need to MEET DIRECTLY WITH THE ACURA DISTRICT MANAGER.

Anything else, you're pissing in the wind.

But hey, if it feeds your anger, by all means....

I can virtually GUARANTEE you that Acura has no idea what this dealer has done to your car- and they want to keep it that way. If you insist that the dealer will be the only one you talk to, they'll love you.

Ard

PS I too think Acura sucks when it comes to managing their dealerships and their products. If you've been following this site for a while, it is a common theme- dealers F's up, tries to cover up, make problem worse, Acura never knows, finds out too late, stuck with a lemon situation or lawsuit....

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well said, Ard! I would say that continuing to complain to the dealer would be like complaining to the receptionist at an office and assuming the boss knows what's going on! Sometimes you just need to 'ask for a supervisor!'

Back to the 'flaw' part of this thread. I had my bumper replaced by a local, very reputable, body shop and it had a very, very tiny flaw in the paint (I thought it was a speck of dirt) and they spent about 45 minutes fixing it before letting me take delivery -- I kept say things like 'don't worry about it, it's only a small spot.' As we know, anyone interested in doing a good job isn't going to let you go wih even a minor flaw. I'd bet, kgbmom, that you're right -- they won't consider the flaw acceptable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Contact Acura Client Services as soon as possible. Be polite but firmly insist that the your problems be fixed quickly and that you are compensated for the trouble. Don't accept anything less.

BY PHONE
Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard time at the toll-free number (800) 382-2238

BY FAX
(310) 783-3535

BY MAIL
Acura Client Services
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

1 - 17 of 17 Posts