Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 MDX Tech SHAWD and I am contemplating trading it in for a 2019 and I was wondering if there has been any improvement in controlling and improving road noise and vibration.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's what Acura is known for. Noise especially comes in from the wheel wells when driving through puddles or slush.
It's definitely not an issue though and it gives you an indication of what is happening on the road.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a 2015 technology package that was probably the same as yours - generally quiet, but with a suspension that clunked and reminded me of a lumber wagon going over certain roads.

I now have the 2017 hybrid. It is quieter, seemingly under all driving conditions. I don’t know why it is quieter and if this is a hybrid thing or if all of the 2017s are quieter. The feel and lack of clunking of the suspension is a major improvement.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I haven’t tried them, but I expect the active dampers in the Hybrid and the 2019 Advance models would be noticeably different.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I have a 2014 MDX Tech SHAWD and I am contemplating trading it in for a 2019 and I was wondering if there has been any improvement in controlling and improving road noise and vibration.
Have you thought about test driving one? That should answer your question.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Have you thought about test driving one? That should answer your question.
That's true to some extent but may not necessarily so. For instance a tires when brand new are very quiet but as they wear their tread noise increases. So while a test drive is good it cannot reveal the typical noise vehicle have when fully broken in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts