Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to put a 2003 Navigation DVD in either an '01 or an '02? Is anyone planning on trying it?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I would assume that no harm would be done by trying this. I would say the best person who could try this would be our sponsor friend "Dave McDavid" who, judging by his banner ad, has and sells more MDX's then anyone on earth.;) How bout' it Eric. Also Jamie might be able to give 'er a whirl.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hockeyplayer said:
I would assume that no harm would be done by trying this. I would say the best person who could try this would be our sponsor friend "Dave McDavid" who, judging by his banner ad, has and sells more MDX's then anyone on earth.;) How bout' it Eric. Also Jamie might be able to give 'er a whirl.
So how about it, can our sponsor "Dave McDavid" or Jamie try it out and let us all know? I think there is a lot of potential sales if it works.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Any New Information On DVD Upgrade?

How much additional mapping does the 2003 Navi DVD have compared to the 2002 (version 2.05)? :confused:

Anyone have anything new on the upgrade DVD, release date and improved coverage? A previous post mentioned only a 2% improvement in mapping, I'm hoping that is not correct. It does not make sense for the 2003 Navi to have significantly improved coverage and not being available for the upgrade.

Link to last thread that this was discussed: http://acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=94088#post94088

·
Registered
44 Posts
This topic has intrigued me for weeks now, yet it seems to keep getting lost/ignored.

It seems so simple - can't someone (anyone?) with access to an '03 NAV unit take out the DVD and place it in an '01/02 NAV unit and see if the players are compatible? I would think it would take 15 minutes.

_PLEASE_ someone try!

Rgds,

JohnW

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
One thing I noticed that was different on the 03 from the 01/02 was the name of the one of the buttons. It is in the same place but instead of "AC/TRIP" it is "AC/INFO". ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Question for Honda Acura World

Tim

Do you know if the 03 NAV DVD will work in the 01/02 MDX? If so do you sell them and can you offer them as a group buy.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I called Acura to complain about the update not being out they told me it was delayed because they were preparing it for a major update. He said he didn't have any more detail than that. Oh, he also said it wouldn't be out 'till February. All I have to say is this better be a major update (full coverage) or I am going to be irate.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I get a kick out of the way Acura operators have said different things to different people. One says 2% increase, next says major update. Guess there is nothing we can do but wait but for pete's sake Acura, you don't design these things in a day so why don't you inform the poor operators with some proper info as to what you are actually designing. Hey, at least Acura responds to you guys. They just ignore my emails on OWNER LINK(yeah, that banner ad at the top of the page):(

·
Registered
452 Posts
All this banter still does not answer the question if a 03 navi disk will work in a 01/02 player. Somebody must know someone with an 03 navi by now.

Chris:confused:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Guess everyone is too busy using their '03s :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone live near Glen Ellyn, IL with an '01/02 MDX NAV who is willing to try the '03 DVD? Maybe you could meet someone.

By the lack of response from Tim & the dealers on this forum, I would have to say that there must be a reason that they can't respond to it. Maybe it has something to do with Acura's licensing or something of the like. If this is true, and you fear Acura Corporate's wrath, could you just make a post to that effect?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Anyone going to the dealer soon? Just ask if they'd let you put in the disc?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was reading on my 03 navi book, it says if you loose battery power the software has to load again from the navi dvd!

So the software might just also load into the 01/02 navi... ???:1:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nothing will happen to the 03 when u take the disk out.

the 01/02 owner will get the new firmware and op system (if it works) and to go back they will have to use the system debug facility. Just takes a few seconds and it will be back to normal.

Chris

·
Registered
499 Posts
MGTD

Have you tried the 03 navi dvd in an 01/02?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts