Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak - pretty sure its coming from my sunroof... Going to the dealer (Paragon Acura, Queens) on Monday morning to have it looked at.

I found a TSB for this - 08-015 - Water leaking from moonroof.

any guidance here would be helpful. We've been having alot of rain up here for the past few days (NY)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Every Honda/ Acura I've ever owned the sunroof has leaked, EXCEPT my X. My mechanic turned me on to Honda's "Shinitsu" grease for restoring and preserving all the rubber seals. And wow does it make a difference too! Also they should use compressed air to blow out the sunroof drain holes. I'm sure the dealer will tell you about both methods

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just wanted to add some closure to this thread, went to the dealer, they had the car for the day. I was told that the sunroof drains were clogged and it was a very common issue. They were nice enough to clear the drains for free for me, seeing as how I've only had the car for 30 days.

it has yet to rain, but I will keep my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
is there a detaile diy on how to clean the drains?

just wanted to add some closure to this thread, went to the dealer, they had the car for the day. I was told that the sunroof drains were clogged and it was a very common issue. They were nice enough to clear the drains for free for me, seeing as how I've only had the car for 30 days.

it has yet to rain, but I will keep my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as much as i've searched - I cannot find one here - or on acurazine.

the best i've gotten was that the tech told me the drains were under the sunroof covers - out of view.

does anyone on the forum have the sunroof diagram?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts