Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling Four 255/50 R19 V rated Pirelli Scorpion Zeros mounted on 19x8 Moda R6 wheels. These Moda wheels have the same 45mm offset as the factory wheels so the stearing geometry remains correct.

These tires and wheels have 7000 miles on them and are balanced to perfection. Both are in absolutely immaculate condition.

Also included are the correct chromed lug nuts and wheel locks.

Despite how sticky these tires are, they have almost NO measurable wear on them suggesting that they should be capable of 40,000 miles or more.

I loved these tires and wheels. The only reason I'm selling them is because I sold my 02 MDX

$1,200 plus shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
Harry,

Why did you sell your MDX? What did you get to replace it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A close up;)

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rvehock said:
Harry,

Why did you sell your MDX? What did you get to replace it?
Hey rvehock

Bought a second home ( in a very very warm part of the world) and moved my retirement date up. I am a working stiff so something had to give. I sold this vehical two weeks ago and got exactly what I wanted.

Bought an 03 Passat GLS wagon with the 1.8 turbo and a five speed manual. The 170 hp inline four really has some grunt and pulls VERY hard ( max torque @ 1950 up to 5000 rpm) and just a quarter throttle. Its fun! But the best part is the MPGs. With a good amount of stop and go driving, not to mention enjoying that turbo, I have averaged 28-31mpg. Straight highway @ 65-70 nets 34mpg.

:4:Harry

·
Registered
282 Posts
Harry,

This is Mushman. Hope you remember me fromt he meet last year (I had the black X with the 2 little kids, oh yeah, and the wifey also).

Sorry to hear you sold your X. Glad you could retire sooner though.

Your rims are absolutely gorgeous. Boy I wish I could afford them.

To anyone out there, if you are interested in the rims, these are totally pristine. Look great on the X and perform well. I saw these on Harry's car up front and, lets just say, my mouth was watering.

Mush

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
NOOOOOOO!!!! I paid 1200 for a RES... why must these deals come late:(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You

Hey Mushman

Thank you for the kind words. You are absolutely correct about these tires and wheels. The improvements in handling, cornering and braking this combo provides is quite amazing.

The MDX gets noticed as it is. With these wheels people do a double take.
Howdy Warzau

;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Harry,
Sorry to see you go .... I was hoping you were going to be the one to get the ball rolling for a New England meet this year.
Enjoy your "earlier" retirement :4: .

·
Registered
121 Posts
Harry,

I love the wheels. I'm continuing to work on my wife. I think that she is starting to wear down a little. I'm down here in CT so the shipping is not an issue...I'd just come up and make a little road trip out of it.

I'll let you know if I get approval from the finance department.

Bnuke

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Notice to all my friends

On Saturday I decided to list my wheels and tires on ebay to speed up the sale.
I want to buy wheels and tires for my new vehicle but not until I sell these babies.

Hello Bnuke
Congratulations on your new MDX. What a simply amazing vehicle. :4:

If you are still interested in my wheels, put in a bid. You could save a bundle, especially if you take a ride up here to pick them up. Heck, I would even install them for you for your ride back.
Cornish is a beautiful place to visit. We are located in the foot hills of the White Mountains 30 miles west of Portland and about 2hrs north of Boston .If you like antiques shops , we have a bunch of them.
Current bid as of this morning was 850.
Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Harry,
If you haven't sold them, please drop me a note at [email protected] or send me your phone, I'll give you a call if thats ok with you. I drive a pilot and I'm shoping for wheels.
Thanks and best of luck !

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello ffiallo

Yes, I still have the wheels, but,,

Just in case you missed my last post, I have placed my wheels/ tires combo on ebay motors. item #2408452325

The pilot has the same 5x114mm bolt pattern.
Good luck
Harry

·
Registered
121 Posts
Harry,
Did you post that Redrock X pic just for me? I'm still working on the wife. The pic is helping.
Bnuke

·
Registered
35 Posts
what about snow?

how do those tires drive in the snow? are they loud or quiter than the stock tires?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2002 Acura MDX! said:
I'm very sure this is you, right Harry??

Link==>Here
Thank you for the ebay motors link.

The Scorpion Zeros with their low profile,low flex sidewall are one of the best performance sport tires I have ever used. They are not however intended for winter use. That is what the Michelin Cross Terrain on the stock rims are for. I found them to work quite well this past winter in Maine but for summer time when the roads are warm and clear and you want to push things a little the stock tires/rims leave a lot to be desired. Because once you try a setup like these Pirellis on 19s on your MDX, you won't want to go back. When I put the stockers back on last fall, it was a big disappointment.

I have said this before, I installed these wheels and tires on my MDX for the performance advantage 1st and the looks 2nd. I mean I do care about looks, it's just in this case, you can have your cake and eat it too. Just ask any of our Dub friends about cornering traction and the superb braking performance low profile tires provide.
The only reason I didn't go with 20s is because to me a 45 series side wall on a heavy vehicle like the MDX can be rather harsh over some bumps. A 50 series tire on a 19" wheel still offers reduced sidewall flex but is more compliant over the same bumps.
Hope I haven't bored any one.
Anyway these Pirellis are a bit quieter than the stockers and the sound they make is somehow more pleasant.

Harry

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll keep an eye on ebay!!

I just picked up my X and considered (for a brief moment) to get the dealer installed chrome wheels. I like the idea of getting these and keeping or even selling the OEMs. Now, I just have to see if my wife likes the look of the R6s! :12:

Happy retirement!

·
Registered
9 Posts
About Your OEM Wheels & Tires

LoCalMDX
Congratulations !
If you go for the upgrade, let me know about your OEM wheels & tires, as I would be interested. You can drop me a note at my email to further [email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
:(
Well.....after proposing the idea to my wife, who drives the car (for now!).....she didn't care for the look! :(

I think that it's a great idea! Oh well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts