Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read my investment newsletter and one of the recommended stocks was none other than Tootsie Roll, Industries. Notice from the Chart that the price peaked in March 2001, just

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=tr&d=c&t=1

when my MDX was delivered. Could it have been a coincidence or a underlying market trend?:cool: Wouldn't surprise me if there is a corellation between TR's stock price and the sales of Mahogany MDXs. And to think, most of you thought Purple was the color of kings.:rolleyes:

Now check out the historic prices of silver and tell me which has more curb appeal!:)

http://goldinfo.net/silver600.html

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Mahogany Rules Baby

I too took delivery in March 2001.

Now that Mahagony has been discontinued (or so I'm told) ours will soon be an antique classic:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hmm, I definitely sense the tossing of a gauntlet here, one encrusted with mahogany-tinged rhinestones...

I'll have to get my staff of crack market analysts on this one (i.e. they're all on crack). I do recall that my friend Warren Buffet (or "Buff" as I call him when we're lounging in the hot tub) watched the silver market carefully for 25 years before making his move into it. Good things take time (so what if it's been in a slump since 1477 - hey remery, you were around for that peak, weren't you? :D)

That late February bump in TR is obviously spurious, probably an industry buy-back to spur on investors. Anticipating the market response to a surge in tootsie roll sales, my money's going into dental hygiene products!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hmm...

Let's take a step back and look at what's really happening here. This is just another exhibition of America's MORAL DECLINE as we favor a candy of unknown origin (honestly--who at the Tootsie Roll factory thought, "I know! Let's make it look like a miniature turd--people'll love that!") to a valuable, precious metal that was created by the hand of God.

I know what I'd put MY $$ on...;)

Rob :cool:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Gold and Platinum are what I set my wife's diamonds in ...

... I set my wife in Mahagony Pearl:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Oh ye of little faith! There are innumerable references to silver in the bible. What about the 30 pieces of silver given to Judas (OK, bad example).

What about the silver cup of Joseph?

What about Proverbs 2:1-6

Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
If you seek her like silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;

a reference to the MDX if I've ever heard one.

What about the Holy Grail, for chrissake? Think it was carved out of mahogany?

And how about Richard Thompson's great album: Pour Down like Silver. Not particularly religious, but some dynamite guitar solos.

Yea, verily, I say, silver transcends both time and religion. And it hides dirt really well.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you want to get bibilical

Acts 17:29
Being God's offspring, then, we shouldn't think that the divine nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image fashioned [in mahogany:cool:]* by human art and imagination.

*obviously the monks forgot to add this when they did their candlelight translation having drunk a wee bit too much mead.

And what about Rem 21:15...
Go forth ye tree huggers and embrace Mahogany trees but never Silver Maples.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts