Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Happy with dealer services

4K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Pauls MDX 
G
#1 ·
Just wondering, is everyone happy with the service they get from Acura dealers?

MDX is my first Acura, my experience has been OK. I would like to see things like free car wash & oil change.

I have friends who bought Lexus & Mercedes and both offer free car wash & oil change.

#2 ·
if you are in the bay area, forget it!!! Getting services from sunnyvale Acura
felt like owning a Hyundai!!! They treat you like ****, dont answer any questions...
atleast hyundai dealers wont promise car washes - here, they say that they will wash
the car and wont do it. They dont even have the courtesy to call when the car is ready!
I am not generalizing - i have had such experiences everytime I have visited inifiti/subaru/acura
dealership in the south bay area. I cant be unlucky everytime...

The only thing they are good at is to keep calling back to solicit 'excellent rating' on the
dealer surveys... Out here in the bay area, luxury car ownership experience is not exactly
luxurious...

G
#3 ·
Yup, I bought my MDX from sunnyvale as well. I got the same courtesy service you got. One would think you get a little better than Hyundai service for spending over $40K out the door for a car!

#4 ·
Try a Different Dealership

All dealerships vary. Many Acura service departments will give you a free car wash and vacuum with any service (Acura of Bellevue outside of Seattle does). Many give free loaners if you schedule in advance (some require the service to be more than a couple of hours).

Most won't give you a free oil change, but they're not too expensive. With Mercedes's SUV, free maintenance (including oil changes) for the initial warranty period is included in the vehicle purchase price, though it must be dictated by the vehicle's computer. BMW also offers free maintenance for three years on most of their vehicles.

#5 ·
My Turn to Vent

Service? Looking forward to it. I can't even get my dealer (CONCORD ACURA) to return my calls about when my car is arriving!

Placed deposit 3rd week of Oct and was told December delivery. I have called every 2 weeks, and have been told "you're on the board, 2-4 weeks to delivery" since early December.

Still no sign of the car, and no return calls from the dealer. Last time (a month ago) I was told it has shipped from the factory. Asked for a VIN, was told they'd call me back. Click. Never heard.

How many times has this car been sold out from under me? Really worried about what service will be like.

BTW, have had GREAT service from the folks @ Concord Lexus; loaner-of-choice always waiting when I do scheduled maintenance; they call when finished; the car is washed; they even detail/buff scratches, too, all for free.

#6 ·
Too bad , the dealers in West are not treating you guys good. Well, I bought my MDX from Greenwich Acura, CT.

Very friendly, professional sales people. No pressure. The service dept. is one of the best.

Here's what you get when you purchase any acura vehicle from this dealer: Lifetime (yes lifetime!) free oil change+service, Car wash. Loaner car everytime you drop off your vehicle. 10% off on any parts you buy from them.

#7 ·
Too bad for all you people that don't live in Houston. Acura Southwest provide me free Loaner car when I went in for the rear seat striker adjustment. I'm telling you, this dealer gives oil change and free maintenace for 2 years. I love it. Plus the sales Peter Brand will give you 20 percent off other dealers price. Remember to tell him Allen Chiu send you. Out....

#8 ·
I missed this post from before, but a search for Sunnyvale Acura brought it back!

Good to see that they not only suck at car sales + financing, but also their service department as well!! I haven't dealt with their service yet, but at least now I know that they're consistently bad across the board! I will be sure to avoid them at all costs in the future.

Also, let's make sure we help others avoid them by filling out the Dealer Ratings!

-t

#9 ·
to all the sf bay area MDXers:

sorry to hear about your woes at sunnyvale acura. i, too, was a victim of their poor service. i'm surprised that i even bought a car at a decent price last may from there. anyhow, i usually like to throw around attitude when confronted with poor service/sales/financing departments. they should be bending over backwards to help us, and yet they treat us with ambivalence! how dare they!

on that note, i've received great service at the following dealerships: marin acura, concord acura, mike harvey acura, and in LA santa monica acura. it really does help when you know someone in the sales department to help smooth the transition over to service/parts department. they treat me like a king over at marin acura! again, as they should, since we are their best spokesperson when recommending their dealerships to friends.

and yes, car washing is always done, no matter what service was being performed.

#10 ·
I have gone to Los Gatos Acura for the last 10 years and have had great service on my Integra, my TL, and now MDX. I get free car washes with any service and I even get a free bottle of water, too. They have great sales staff too.

I have heard many horror stories about Sunnyvale Acura and have stayed away even though it is probably closer to my house than Los Gatos Acura. The extra drive for peace of mind is worth it to me.

#12 ·
MarkC said:
I have gone to Los Gatos Acura for the last 10 years and have had great service on my Integra, my TL, and now MDX. I get free car washes with any service and I even get a free bottle of water, too. They have great sales staff too.

I have heard many horror stories about Sunnyvale Acura and have stayed away even though it is probably closer to my house than Los Gatos Acura. The extra drive for peace of mind is worth it to me.
I have owned Hondas and Acuras for over 10 years also and have them all serviced at Los Gatos Acura. They are low-key, efficient, courtesy and thorough. Just last week I brought my MDX in for a "creaks and squeaks" repair. The head mechanic Gary spent 45 minutes driving around with me to identify all the noises. One full day and several pages of anotations later everything that could be fixed was (along with a compementary wash and vac.)

BTW, I also purchased the MDX at LGA and must say the sales staff (Yvonne, Tony et al.) are equally low-key, courtesy and effective. They try to make you feel like a person and NOT a pigeon. If you live in the SF BA and are interested in purchasing an Acura, LGA is well worth the drive.

I guess I've been spoiled. It's too bad other dealers can't take a page from the LGA code of conduct.

#13 ·
Acura of Augusta, Ga is the most

professional and customer friendly car dealership I have ever experienced. It took 26 days to get my MDX and they loaned me a new TL for the entire time...they wanted to go ahead an put my trade in up for sale.

Driving the TL was a great experience...what a great car....this really sold me on ACURA. I know this MDX will be a good car/SUV if it is anywhere near the experience I had in putting 1400 miles on the TL. My wife has a 2000 DTS and is now interested in trying out a 2002 RL with the new V-8.

So far we are both sold on the ACURA quality and friendly customer service...yep, free car wash after servicing.

This is the best car buying experience I have ever had. And, I am 55 years old and have bought a lot of cars/trucks.

I could be an ACURA For Life type if the good experience continues. Just wish I had looked at ACURA before now.

#14 ·
First Service at 7,000

My wife took the MDX in for its first oil change (engine and rear transfer) and had a good experience. They had it done in under an hour with a free wash for $120. She said they treated her much like the Lexus dealer.

#15 ·
TAP...oil change and rear

transfer change for $120? What kind of oil did they put in ...liquid gold? A regular oil change should not cost over $30. Was it the transfer change that made the cost $120?

My dealer is supposed to give me FREE oil changes...I'm sure that does not include transfer case change. At how many miles did you do this...15000 miles?

Thanks

#16 ·
$!

I had it changed at 7,000 miles. I believe the first service interval of 7,500 miles is for engine and transfer case. I have never had any dealer service less than $100. Have you? I am not confident that a Jiffy Lube or equivalent is up to speed on the rear end of the MDX, so I was reluctant to take it elsewhere. In my experience, neither the Lexus nor the Ford dealer are any cheaper.

Good Luck!

#17 ·
I have owned Hondas and Acuras for over 10 years also and have them all serviced at Los Gatos Acura. They are low-key, efficient, courtesy and thorough.
It's too bad their Sales dept. is such a rip off. Try $1500.00 worth of forced accessories that should really sell for $750.00. Unfortunately all too common in the Silicon Valley area. About the only honest dealer is Hopkins Acura in Redwood City.

#19 ·
Hey Admin ???

When I clicked to read this forum for the first time I was told that the thread starter, hwong, was on my Ignore List ??

I do not understand this, I have not purposely put anyone on my ignore list, it is in fact empty?? Is this something he did? Or is there a problem on my end? Or is there a systwm glitch?

#20 ·
hondacuraworld said:
When I clicked to read this forum for the first time I was told that the thread starter, hwong, was on my Ignore List ??

I do not understand this, I have not purposely put anyone on my ignore list, it is in fact empty?? Is this something he did? Or is there a problem on my end? Or is there a system glitch?
Yep. He shows up on my ignore list too... Strange... He isn't registered yet so not sure if that created some type of glitch...

#22 ·
Los Gatos Acura and Sunnyvale Acura are owned by the same group.

Ted Stevens Automotive Group.

It's surprising to see the level of discrepancies between the two.

Anyone had any experiences with Stevens Creek Acura service?

#24 ·
:3: After waiting for three months, I decided to wait for a 2003 MDX. So, I let Stevens Creek Acura know, so they could move my deposit to that list. I called Acura of Concord, which requires a $2K deposit, and left a message saying, they could move me to the 2003 list for a $1K deposit, or to return the $2K I sent in March. The internet salesman stalled at returning my deposit by not returning several calls and voicemails. When I finally got him on the phone, he said all the managers were on vacation and he couldn't get an answer on a $1K deposit. So, I told him that if I didn't receive my deposit back in four days, a call would be made to Channel 7 in San Francisco, which checks into consumer complaints and airs the results. That shook him up, and the deposit was returned in two days.

#25 ·
bluetooth said:
if you are in the bay area, forget it!!! Getting services from sunnyvale Acura
felt like owning a Hyundai!!! They treat you like ****, dont answer any questions...
atleast hyundai dealers wont promise car washes - here, they say that they will wash
the car and wont do it. They dont even have the courtesy to call when the car is ready!
I am not generalizing - i have had such experiences everytime I have visited inifiti/subaru/acura
dealership in the south bay area. I cant be unlucky everytime...

The only thing they are good at is to keep calling back to solicit 'excellent rating' on the
dealer surveys... Out here in the bay area, luxury car ownership experience is not exactly
luxurious...
Deal with service manager directly. Don't deal with anyone else, and you should see a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.