Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my SS MDX w/ touring yesterday. Wow. Even better than I expected.

It only took me 10 calendar days to get exactly what I wanted, at MSRP (although the dealer added about $1200 of accessories and charged me $1800 for them). But, this leakage was a small price to pay compared to having to wait 4-6 months at another dealership (and pay MSRP).

My only complaint (and it really is a knit), is that the driver window only has an auto down feature and no auto up. Even my Nissan Maxima (hardly a "luxury" name/model) had this feature.

But otherwise, gotta say that the vehicle is fantastic on the road and I can't wait for a spring-time deluge and next winter to see how it handles inclement weather!

Thanks to all on this site for making it a place where people can get and share information about the MDX.

·
Registered
143 Posts
WilburNJ.....

where did you buy from? I'm taking it by your name that you're in NJ like I am?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congratulations! to fellow Jerseyan. Enjoy the ride and let us know your buying experience, specially if it was Jersey dealership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought at Springfield Acura (from Tony D.) -- it's a long story, so here goes:

I went to Springfield Acura on Saturday, 4/6 and was told that they could probably get me an MDX in 2-3 weeks, but that because of high demand, they sell it at a premium to MSRP. Knowing that another dealer has a 4-6 month waiting list for MSRP, my wife and I agreed that it was worth it to pay $2K over sticker on the base model to get the vehicle sooner. (The alternative would have been to buy something else because our other car was wrecked in an accident AND my wife is expecting in May, so there's no way we can wait 4-6 months.)

Anyway, the following week, I spoke to my credit union about financing and I told them I might want to take out a loan in 2-3 weeks. They asked why I didn't know the exact timing and I told them that I'm waiting for the dealer to find an MDX. They informed me that they could probably find one quicker and they did on the next day, although with the touring package. But, they also said it had $1800 of accessories. I told them that I would take it and they faxed me the sales contract and, to my surprise, it was from Springfield Acura.

I called my sales guy and he was puzzled because I had initially told him I wanted the base and that's what he was searching for. When I told him that at this point, timing was more important than money, he said fine, let's do the MDX with touring plus accessories at MSFT + $1800.

I don't feel that I was ripped off by the first offer of MSFR + $2K because, from their perspective, I'm just a guy off the street who wants an MDX. On the other hand, my credit union (which is the credit union for AT&T, Lucent, and a few other NJ companies) has referred a lot of customers to Springfield Acura. It's a simple business decision for Springfield Acura and I don't blame them for it -- you always give a better deal to high-volume customers.

So, I got the car yesterday, it drives great and, despite some pooh-poohing by folks on this board, I like the 6-disc stereo. I think it sounds great (but, then again, I'm not an audiophile-type either).

Anyway, sorry for the long story. Good luck on your respective searches for the elusive MDX....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just picked up a silver touring Monday, and am also very pleased. I have been busy installing accessories, and going for errands every time I can think of something!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
928 Posts
sorry for my comments, enjoy the ride!

i visited Springfield last march, when i was shopping for MDX. well, it is over a year and their tactics still work - you don't want to wait, pay +2K and roll with it in next 10 days... and of course they will always have their dirty business 'cause there will always be those with 'emergency' situations willing to be suckered in for a few extra G's... on the other hand, it is only money after all! enjoy your new ride! :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
sounds like the waiting period here in north texas is much shorter, definately less than a month... i guess it depends on the color choice and the option you want on your X... we got ours in 4 days...

SS would be my choice, but we like the beige interior color, so we picked redrock pearl instead...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts