Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H and A accessories now carries factory add-ons for the MDX. The pricing of these items is about 20-30% cheaper than at the dealership! For instance the running boards are $ 432 on H and A and are over $600 at the dealership. The reason I found them was because I was searching for parts for my S2000 and came across the sight. The address is

www.handaaccessories.com

I think some of the prices rival group-buy pricing.
Josh

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
They've always had MDX parts over there :confused:

Tim @ www.hondacuraworld.com (a site sponsor who many of us have been buying from for 1.5yrs+) is cheaper on most of the products, and is always less $ when you take into account shipping, which is free from him...

Not to mention avoiding 8%+ sales tax if you're in CA. :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
I checked both (HAW and H&A) for "base carrier" and found HAW to be a couple bucks cheaper and H&A wanted anther $10+ for shipping. Just one observation.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Not trying to crap on the thread but the difference is couple of dollars at best. The majority of Tim's prices are cheaper BUT the shipping is what makes Tim hard to beat. I think I would rather stay with Tim's 2 dollars for a handling fee and personalized service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Worm
H and A just got MDX stuff, I've been checking for a while.
I didn't know about Tim's site, I'm kinda new here;) . I will check it out. I was just looking for a way to get factory stuff for cheaper than the obscene dealer prices. Didn't realize there was already an outlet for this site.
Thanks for the heads-up guys.
Josh

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Keller,

Welcome to the site...as u can tell you won't have to worry about being ignored :)

H&A always had the MDX stuff...from the beginning. In all honesty, I haven't been to their site in months, maybe longer...the site has been redesigned since my last visit...but they used to list everything in a table format and the MDX stuff was buried in a 'specials' or 'other' list or somesuch. Maybe they pulled it during the redesign, but as a certified cheap bastard, I know I checked their pricing :D Or maybe I'm imagining it - it has been rather hot here this week...:eek:

But I agree -- anything that's better than the full-retail @ the dealer is a good thing :29:

Check out Tim's site...like I said, pretty much all of us buy our gear from him...great guy...best prices...etc etc...plus, you'll note that he's also a Moderator here (in addition to being a site sponsor), but yet this thread (w/a link to a competitor) still lives...a true class act IMO.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Yea, ask GatorGreg about that

TheWorm said:
... but yet this thread (w/a link to a competitor) still lives...a true class act IMO.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Re: Yea, ask GatorGreg about that

msu79gt82 said:
Yea, ask GatorGreg about that

:rolleyes:
Did I miss something? Or are you referring to ACL.com? :confused:

·
Registered
229 Posts
One conversation with his Master Tim and you will wish you lived in Buffalo. Anyone who doesn't buy from Tim should be taken out back and flogged.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Tim is the CLASS ACT!

Tim's personal attention, customer service and great attitude separate him from any other source on the Web by a mile!!!

Only some incredible blow-out buy 1 get 10 free of equal or HIGHER value sale anywhere else would take me away from him :)

On the other hand, the only reason he did not delete this competitor's thread is because he is on vacation, remember? :D

As far as Gator's saga on CL forum is concerned, IMO he got what he deserved there. Since none of us read the original thread, only the "aftermath", I tend to agree with THEM. Sorry, Gator!!!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
No, you're fine

TheWorm said:
Did I miss something? Or are you referring to ACL.com? :confused:
I was joking about the problems Gator's had elsewhere:rolleyes:
I have more or less abandoned the TL site due to their "greedy" operation. I go to the TL site when I have specific need to address. I come here for fun:cool: :D :2:

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Why would I ever delete this thread? I know I'm not the only place out there for accessories, and this is, after all, a good place for free speech.

This is why I never started my own forum....I would never want to have anyone abridge posting about my competition.....as is done on some other websites, which shall remain anonymous :). Besides which, it would only look bad for me. There are 3 sites that get parts from me anyways, so people sometimes order with me without knowing it :D. Of those sites, the HAW price is the best :D

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Tim ... You don't need your own site. You could NEVER get more positive comments than the ones we provide:

** Tim can't improve existing service, already the BEST possible.

** Tim can't improve pricing unless he were to pay us to accept products.

... Time is awesome

PS -- Tim, next time you give away a car cover, I expect to be the "winner" ... Kidding aside, you do walk on water.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I didn't know that HnA carried Acura Accessories. Had I known about it before I spoke to Tim on the phone, I probably would have considered. After speaking to Tim on the phone ... there is just no way I would ever think of buying my accessories anywhere. Price is important, but there is just no competetion for Tim's service. How do you value that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts