Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so pissed off. I just filed a police report so, maybe they will catch the punks. My MDX got shot by a BB gun. I was driving down the road going about 35 mph and the oncomming car was going pretty slow. When the other car was passing next to me I heard a loud pop. I pulled over right away because I thought that car had thrown something at me however, it was dark and I did not see anything wrong with the MDX. That was last night. Today when I was getting gas I saw the damage. Right below the B pillar in the door was the damn dimple from the BB. It put a hole in the paint down to the sheet metal. Man am I mad, I wish I would have caught those bastards so, I could beat the crap out of them. I guess I should be glad I was not hit because that would have hurt like hell and made me crash or something. It looks as though the punks were aiming for me.

Okay, now I will need to get the X fixed. The damage is very isolated. It is the size of a BB so, I'm thinking that maybe one of those touch up artist/airbrushers can make is all go away. I don't think repainting the entire door is needed. What do you all think

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ronsully said:
I guess I should be glad I was not hit because that would have hurt like hell and made me crash or something. It looks as though the punks were aiming for me.
Wow, when I was a kid we only shot our BB guns at varmints, bottles, cans, etc., not people in moving cars. Those punks should be caned. I just checked the box of my old Daisy CO2 BB gun (yes, I still have it :p ) and it says it shoots 4.5 mm BBs at a velocity of 400 fps. As I recall it would go right through both sides of an aluminum can with ease, so you're right, if you got hit by one it would not only hurt like hell, but it could possibly cause serious injury if you got hit in the eye or something. I guess the good news is the MDX is BB proof. Hopefully it won't cost too much to fix the damage.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Get it banged out like any other small dent. Try GS27 to fix the paint.

·
Registered
594 Posts
That sucks

That sucks. I once had my car hit at very close range in the door with a paintball. It was a honda prelude, and it must've been a new CO2 cartridge in the gun, because it did make a dent. It didn't break the paint, however.

I don't have any answers for you -- just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. And an MDX is much more painful than a 85 Prelude.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts