Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a group Headrest purchase. Would be switching out the tiny headrests in the second row on the left and right side for the much nicer headrests that are used on the front seats. I tried switching them out tonight and boy that made a really nice improment over those tiny after thought headrests in the second row. Did not block the view out the back at all and was much more comfortable for passengers

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I'm interested

Anyone going forward?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
great

good deal!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
What do the headrests cost?

Tim ... guess this question is for you!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
bhaycraft,

Putting the "big" headrest in the middle of the middle seat didn't block the rear view? [how'd you like that middle middle!!].

It sorta seems that it would?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Cost of headsets

They cost about $61 and change for each headrest. We would only use on the left and right not on the middle seat or you would block your view. I'm hoping Tim will get them to us for $60-$80 for two? How about it Tim?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Special for May

Looks like the price will be closer to $120 shipped not 60 or 80 as that would be impossible

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!

HOW ABOUT IT TIM IT'S GETTING CLOSER????????

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I'm interested but ...

... cost would be a factor. I'll wait for Tim's announcement. Today is the 25th should be close for the May Special.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Should be getting close ...

... to an announcement for the May Special:)

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
WHAT'S UP

ANY NEWS ON THE GROUP-BUY THROUGH TIM?

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Groupbuy

Just curious to see how many took advantage of group buy? My local dealer wanted $105 per headrest at first the he changed to the $84.95 for a business or retailer price. Tim's price seems to be very good at $60 per headrest with no shipping. Anyone have Pic's to see what look like?? Anyone with details of how the fit and look? Do they block views at all? Any input would be greatly appreciated? Tim How many took advantage already? Are they sold out yet?

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I've had about 10 orders thus far. I've still got plenty in stock. It'd be a real challenge for your dealer to get them at this point, because I bought them ALL! :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Re: Groupbuy

paul123 said:
Anyone with details of how the fit and look? Do they block views at all? Any input would be greatly appreciated? Tim How many took advantage already? Are they sold out yet?

paul I am under the impression they are exactly like the front headrest for passenger and driver. To get a idea how it would look, remove the front passenger headest, then swap it for the rear passenger headrest. There now you can see how it would look.

·
Registered
594 Posts
yep - that's it

I tried it and REALLY liked the way it looked, but am not sure that I can justify spending the money when there are headrests already there. The wife thinks it's a little silly.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Davegood

Well I just installed the headrests in my new MDX and I spent the 120 and so did my parents, for one, those other headrests are rather small and uncomfortable and in a collision I really think the other headrests off the front seat are gonna do a much better job of protecting your head. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts