• I do not buy accessories

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need everyone's input for what to do here. We can keep up the monthly specials, or do 2 week group buys, but it gets a bit confusing doing both, so I'm going to opt for one or the other to simplify things for everyone, and me.

Let your voice be heard, which would you rather do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
monthly steals deal

Monthly specials...

By the way, any chance for a good deal on the car cover. It definitely sounds interesting...
When do you think you will get it in (ETA)?
Any idea on the cost?

Hoping to get one real soon for the spring/summer...

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
How about alternating GB and montly specials, say odd months do Monthly Specials and even months do GB. Depending on avail of the part suggested for GB, if parts are limited maybe do a Montly special for that particular month for a part that is avail and in great supply.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Re: monthly steals deal

janekeith said:
By the way, any chance for a good deal on the car cover. It definitely sounds interesting...
When do you think you will get it in (ETA)?
Any idea on the cost?..

Now now I think he just wants our opinions and not orders ;)

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Maybe pick one 'special' product a month. Rotate through all products. Place a post here and at the order website.
Advertise a price based on a minimum numbers of orders received for that product. Have a note that the price may be reduced further based on the number of orders received by the 15th, then the reduced price is announced on the 16th at which time the orders begin to ship.
Or some variation of that. Do it all at the order website rather than have to spend so much time here running tallies on respondents to the post on the mdx forum.
Just announce the initial special here, and then the new reduced price for orders already placed.
A fair price advertised initially will spur interest, especially knowing the more sign up the lower the price will go. No one in their right mind will cancel an order, knowing if anything the price may well be lower by the time their order is filled on the 16th.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I like Warzau's idea. Avoids the headache of concurrent monthlies w/GP's, yet allows flexibility for the buyers to request product for a GP. Maybe limit the GP to 1 or 2 products (max) rather than the multiples going on now, which I know is resulting in all-nighters for you.

Dale's suggestion is also good...'cept I know that u aren't able to do that automatically via the site w/the current technology...and the site prices and ordering is open to the unwashed masses in addition to our fine group :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
How about this...

Run a monthly accessory poll (including pricing). End the poll on the last day of the month. Give the top three the group buy pricing for the following month as the "Monthly Special." If he's feeling generous, Tim could throw in a more obscure item as an additional monthly special (ie Burlwood Shift Knob, cargo net, etc).

The advantages of this system would seem to be multifold. First, more than one item would tend to balance the "newbies" and the "oldies" interests. Secondly, Tim could completely ignore the whole event until the 1st day of the month (other than filling all the orders). Thirdly, we'd all benefit from being able to see what's available. Heck, I only THINK I've got everything I need from Tim. I still watch for the monthly specials to see if some other cool thing might become a NECESSITY from Tim. I'm sure there are others, but I think I've made my point.

I purchased SEVERAL things from Tim, and only paid a non-discounted price once, and that was on one of his least expensive items. I used both discounting systems and I would hate to have to choose between them.

Heck, I'll volunteer to help set up the polling if needed.

Have a great weekend everyone!

jnbsdad

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the idea of monthly specials. That way I don't have to wait to see how many other people are interested. Either way though, Tim's support is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The monthly specials are great, because you don't need a minimum number of participants in order to save $$$$.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You've spoken

Beginning now, we'll just do the monthly specials. However, we'll keep the GB for the bodyside mouldings. There are people starting threads on tailgate deflectors and headrests.....the tailgate deflectors are on backorder (big surprise). So maybe what I'll do given the circumstance is make the headrests a May special and bring up the deflectors when I have adequate stock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts