Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GB OPEN: Touring Wheel

Tim (Hondacuraworld) is announcing a group buy for Touring Wheel for $180 (regular $200, with list price $250). Tim will honor the group buy if we get 10 people. Please use our <a href="/gb.php">group buy interface</a> to enroll into this group buy. Use this thread for discussions only.

This group buy will run till August 8th. Enjoy!

admin.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Great !

Perfect timing - count me in !!! What are the chances that we can get a deal on the OEM Michelin tire if we order in conjunction w/the rim ??? and to think I was considering a base rim for a F/S spare . . . :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Click on the link to the group buy counter and it shows 8-8-2002, so it must be August 8. I would also be interested in a package to include the Michelin tire.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: Great !

socalJD said:
What are the chances that we can get a deal on the OEM Michelin tire if we order in conjunction w/the rim ???
I'm signed up for the GB, thanks Tim! I too would like a package including the Michelin CrossTerrain....

Richard

·
Registered
125 Posts
Package deal ?

Me 2 is hoping to get a rim/tire pkg deal. Will it be possible? What do you say Tim?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Me too!

I take it the purpose of this is to replace the rinky-dink OEM spare? Will a full-size spare fit in the MDX spare compartment? I would also love the package with the Michelin tire.

lilypad

·
Registered
213 Posts
How will the full size spare effect the tire rotation process? With a full size spare, don't you normally rotate the spare?

If so, Does anyone know if the Michelin's are directional tires or not? Just something to think about when purchasing the tire/wheel combo.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
rotating spare

02SSmdx said:
How will the full size spare effect the tire rotation process? With a full size spare, don't you normally rotate the spare?

If so, Does anyone know if the Michelin's are directional tires or not? Just something to think about when purchasing the tire/wheel combo.
I am not planning on rotating the F/S spare - however when it is time to replace the original tires I plan on keeping the best (least wear/tear) as the spare and replacing the other 3 tires and using the F/S spare as the 4th - saving me 25% on the purchase of the new tires.:2: :cool: :p

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Michelin tire is $160 including shipping from tire rack. I checked at a couple of local tire stores, and both said they could order the tire at $206 and $175, respectively. I also checked with BJ's Wholesale club and their price was $152 including stem, balancing, etc. Seems to be the best deal around.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Maik said:
Michelin tire is $160 including shipping from tire rack. I checked at a couple of local tire stores, and both said they could order the tire at $206 and $175, respectively. I also checked with BJ's Wholesale club and their price was $152 including stem, balancing, etc. Seems to be the best deal around.
$122 at 1010tires.com $141 with shipping.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does costco sell the michelins?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
FYI . . .

Tim's regular price is $142 for the Michelin, shipped . . . was hoping I could coax a better price if ordered with the touring rim in this GB :rolleyes: :p ;)

BTW, Costcos here in SoCal do not carry this size of Michelin CrossTerrain although they seem to carry just about any size of the MXV4 M+S tires . . . I believe they will mount and balance a tire on your rim for $9 if you're a member . . .

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
DaleB said:

$122 at 1010tires.com $141 with shipping.
Then another $10 to have someone mount on rim and balance etc.

BJ's price looks real good, unless Tim can come up with an attractive "mounted tire" deal...say $320 mounted and shipped..

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Maik said:

BJ's price looks real good, unless Tim can come up with an attractive "mounted tire" deal...say $320 mounted and shipped..
That would certainly be the best deal. The $122 was cheap enough for me since I bought a 'like new' Touring wheel for $150 including shipping.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Time to order FULL SIZE spare... ^^

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maik said:

I recall from another thread (in Accessories) that Tim is not keen on shipping tire mounted on rim. Something to do with the post- delivery wheel balancing ....

Check it out. I believe that thread was started as a HAW monthly special.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Rim + tire . . .

Actually, I am only looking for a break on the Michelin tire in conjunction with the touring rim on this group buy - not mounted & balanced. I figure with the Firestone/Exploder (sic) issue, Tim does not need the legal headache when shipping a rim+tire across the country. Hoping that the savings in packaging & shipping warrants a 'good' price on the CrossTerrain . . . Are you listening Hondacura World ??? :p :cool: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
BTW does the $180 include shipping? It wasn't clear from the GB.

Thanks
XaqtiMan

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
xaqtiman said:
BTW does the $180 include shipping? It wasn't clear from the GB.

Thanks
XaqtiMan
Yup, all items quoted by Tim include shipping, UPS ground if I'm not mistaken, only difference is folks on the east coast will get their goodies sooner than us out on the left coast . . . at least we will save on sales tax, which in SoCal is a 8.25% discount :2::eek: :2:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts