Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we've all mostly come to the conclusion that stock is limited on chrome .... let's same some money and get together on a group buy of straight OEM side steps ......... what you do with them after is up to you hehe :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been waiting for black side steps !! Count me in too ! :2: :2:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Tim,

Has your shop considered sandblasting to chrome or wheel color?

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
MDXtrous said:
Tim,

Has your shop considered sandblasting to chrome or wheel color?
Not really. I guess I'd be concerned with how well the paint would hold up on an item like that on the undersides since it is after all right at the bottom of the vehicel where it has the greatest chance of road debris hitting it.

I did this once before, so I guess I can do it again. 15 people will drop the price by $20.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm hoping to purchase a Starlight Silver MDX within the next few days (FYI: Some west-central Florida area Acura dealers are currently selling MDXs at $1000.00 below MSRP). :2:

Count me in on the side steps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
We are interested in the side step bars. Just ordered a Silver MDX, should be in my garage within three weeks. Plus received $1000 off MSRP.:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Which West-Central Florida Area Acura dealers?

kmshaw said:
(FYI: Some west-central Florida area Acura dealers are currently selling MDXs at $1000.00 below MSRP). :2:
kmshaw, praytell, which dealer and who is your contact? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
JLee said:
are side steps the same thing as running boards ?

jeff
Go to Tim's site and take a look -- a picture is worth 1,000 words.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Which West-Central Florida Area Acura dealers?

crikey said:

kmshaw, praytell, which dealer and who is your contact? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Ferman Acura in Tampa and Buchanan-Jenkins Automall in Ocala both were selling at $1000 under sticker as of 3 weeks ago. I ended up buying a Starlight Silver Touring w/Navigation at Ferman since they were closer. Point of contact at Buchanan-Jenkins is Bill McCann. I had a bad buying experience at Ferman so I won't recommend a salesman but your experience may be better (can't imagine it any worse).

I had arranged my own financing and I had to constantly push Ferman to do their job. Just to get them to contact my finance person (a ten minute phone call and a fax or two) took 3 days of my time acting as a go between. I purchased my Corvette last year out-of-state using the same financing and it went like clockwork. You would think an Acura dealership would tend to be better than a Chevy dealer. Then they lost (or somebody stole) the second set of keys and key fob to the MDX which required them to come take the MDX back to the dealership to have a set of keys made. At least they put gas in it. But hey... I saved a thousand bucks.

By the way... I couldn't wait and I ended up buying the side steps from Tim a couple of weeks ago so I'm out of the group buy.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Re:Which West-Central Florida Area Acura dealers?

Thank you very much, kmshaw. I appreciate your help. I'm sorry about your unfortunate experience with Ferman Acura. I guess our expectations of Acura dealers are much higher than that of other manufacturers. I, too, had a similar experience with Fountain Acura when I bought my sister's Acura. They also had a hard time getting her financing in order. But yours seems to be much worse than mine.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic, guys.
kmshaw said:

Ferman Acura in Tampa and Buchanan-Jenkins Automall in Ocala both were selling at $1000 under sticker as of 3 weeks ago. I ended up buying a Starlight Silver Touring w/Navigation at Ferman since they were closer. Point of contact at Buchanan-Jenkins is Bill McCann. I had a bad buying experience at Ferman so I won't recommend a salesman but your experience may be better (can't imagine it any worse).

I had arranged my own financing and I had to constantly push Ferman to do their job. Just to get them to contact my finance person (a ten minute phone call and a fax or two) took 3 days of my time acting as a go between. I purchased my Corvette last year out-of-state using the same financing and it went like clockwork. You would think an Acura dealership would tend to be better than a Chevy dealer. Then they lost (or somebody stole) the second set of keys and key fob to the MDX which required them to come take the MDX back to the dealership to have a set of keys made. At least they put gas in it. But hey... I saved a thousand bucks.

By the way... I couldn't wait and I ended up buying the side steps from Tim a couple of weeks ago so I'm out of the group buy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts