Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to test the feasibility of getting a group buy in motion for diamond plate floor mats for the 2007 MDX. I'm talking to an ebay seller (this is his profile ) about setting one up. I'm not affiliated with the seller BTW - he was just one of the responders when I emailed several sellers.

This is a quote from his product description:
"These mats are CNC machined from real solid diamond plate aluminum with a polished chrome finish. Their about as thick as 2 stacked nickels including the raised diamond pattern. Made specifically for the floor pan of the car being advertised so the fitment is tight from side to side and front to back. They follow the flat out line of the floor precisely around every protrusion and are formed to follow the contour bend up into the foot well area. Their usually sold as a set front and rear with matching foot rest/dead pedal also. Not all diamond plate mats on Ebay are made from aluminum and most don't have the custom fitment like mine."

We need at least 7 people to begin with. He says he can probably do front, second and third rows for $145 shipped.

Please let me know what you think. I'm trying to decide if it looks too tacky, too ricey or too industrial. But it may match the Sport model well, especially if you look at the sport running boards. I've been holding off on getting all-weather mats. None match my bourdeaux interior so I'm going for something different.

Honest opinions are welcome.

Following are some sample pics of the seller's other items.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

More pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Different view

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
dj-mdx2,
IMHO these are just not very practical. I would think with snow and rain, they would get very messy and the water would drain off onto the underlying carpet. I think they might be too reflective for a car interior. These might work for a show car but for me I think the maintenance would be too much.

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I did consider the practicality. Fortunately, I live in the South where, like Fab keeps bragging about his part of the USA, we hardly ever see snow. If anything, here in Alabama, we have rain and tornadoes. I may actually buy the OEM all-season mats for the rainy season and get these the rest of the time for show. I believe they have a machined lip to catch the grime but I'll have to confirm this with the seller. Thanks for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts