Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Question Jeff and Harris are u guys able to make calls from AA? I can’t seem to get it to work. It keeps on saying Bluetooth is not connected, however I can receive calls without any issues. What did u guys do to make it so that you can make calls from AA?
Question Jeff and Harris are u guys able to make calls from AA? I can’t seem to get it to work. It keeps on saying Bluetooth is not connected, however I can receive calls without any issues. What did u guys do to make it so that you can make calls from AA?
I should clarify that I'm not actually using Android auto at the moment. I just activate Google Maps navigation via voice commands and then make my hands free calls via the MDX factory bluetooth system. With the latest firmware update, I can still view the navigation while engaged in an bluetooth call. I'd be interested to try the Android Auto, but I wish it was done via bluetooth and not a USB connection as my installer did not route the USB cord from the Vline to my center console. I may hire someone to reroute that cord sometime soon as I have no interest in doing that myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I should clarify that I'm not actually using Android auto at the moment. I just activate Google Maps navigation via voice commands and then make my hands free calls via the MDX factory bluetooth system. With the latest firmware update, I can still view the navigation while engaged in an bluetooth call. I'd be interested to try the Android Auto, but I wish it was done via bluetooth and not a USB connection as my installer did not route the USB cord from the Vline to my center console. I may hire someone to reroute that cord sometime soon as I have no interest in doing that myself.
Interesting, I will update the firmware tomorrow and see if it makes any difference. I have the vline installed right below the factory installed audio system, if u remove the trim there is a gap which is big enough to house the vl2. I have used that and the routed the cable through the center console. If you are interested I can take pictures and show you.
On the CarPlay front after a lot of messages I finally got it working as with everything else with Grom it’s not straight forward. You have to activate it in a weird way and then even after u activate it the lightning cable has to be connected directly to USB1 for it to work. I must say that the CarPlay is much smoother then AA in functionality and less glitchy.

·
Registered
2015 MDX Tech SHAWD
58 Posts
With the latest update I'm able to make calls from Android Auto now. The only bug I haven't tested to see if it was fixed is being able to access the settings in Google maps while using AA. Everything else works and the system in general seems to be improving with each update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can make calls from android auto however no audio comes from the car through Bluetooth rather the phone itself. Are any of you experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
2015 MDX Tech SHAWD
58 Posts
I can make calls from android auto however no audio comes from the car through Bluetooth rather the phone itself. Are any of you experiencing this issue?
I had this issue too until the latest update. Now after I make the call in AA and use the knob to switch the audio to Bluetooth it works. I have my phone connected to Vline for audio only and to the MDX radio for Bluetooth calls. That may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this issue too until the latest update. Now after I make the call in AA and use the knob to switch the audio to Bluetooth it works. I have my phone connected to Vline for audio only and to the MDX radio for Bluetooth calls. That may have something to do with it.
No same result I have the latest firmware and tried what you told me. Nothing changed. Now it displays the message that no Bluetooth is present. This is very frustrating. I just sent a long winded message to Grom support.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting, I will update the firmware tomorrow and see if it makes any difference. I have the vline installed right below the factory installed audio system, if u remove the trim there is a gap which is big enough to house the vl2. I have used that and the routed the cable through the center console. If you are interested I can take pictures and show you.
On the CarPlay front after a lot of messages I finally got it working as with everything else with Grom it’s not straight forward. You have to activate it in a weird way and then even after u activate it the lightning cable has to be connected directly to USB1 for it to work. I must say that the CarPlay is much smoother then AA in functionality and less glitchy.
Thanks, Arrow. I would love to see the pictures if you have them. I'm curious what everyone has experienced regarding firmware updates. Whenever I manually update the firmware, the upper screen continually refreshes, almost like a "flicker" for quite some time. At that point, I don't think I can even access the VLine source as an option. Often, I have to drive the vehicle for 3 to 4 times before I am able to use the Vline again. Has anyone else experienced that?

·
Registered
2015 MDX Tech SHAWD
58 Posts
@arrow not sure what could be your issue then. Let's see what they say. When I make a call I have three choices to choose for audio (Bluetooth, phone speaker, and phone). I'll see if I can test this again today to confirm it works.

@jeff442 I had the flicker issue for the first time today and thought I bricked the vline after installing the latest update. I shut the car off a few times to try and fix but no luck. Then I remembered the vline gets power from the radio and when the car is off needs to stay off for a few minutes. Once I did that and powered it back on it was good. I do which there was a simpler way to reboot it though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting it seems everyone has a different set of issues. After a lot of back and forth Grom support asked for videos and I uploaded them to their site for the phone issue will keep you guys posted.
For rebooting issueI I have been seeing this since last few updates but only when it’s a firmware update. I ended up just shutting down the car for like a minute and then restarting it so that it reboots completely. If u want to just reboot vline otherwise u can do it through settings just like a android tablet. I will take some pictures over the weekend and post it for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As promised attached are the pictures for the VL2 installation in my MDX 2014.
On the other front I finally got the voice to work through Bluetooth after a lot of pain. It involves factory resetting the entire MDX system to default as well as VL2. It is still a couple of steps as you have to switch from phone to Bluetooth. I would rather have it at Bluetooth by default.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts