Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 03 from a towing company that I do buisness with for a grand. 214k...new transmission job. Got a few dings and dents but mechanically sound. Think it's a great deal. How long will the 3.5 go with good upkeep? What are common things to look for with the 03? Want to learn as much as I can

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Welcome! The engine is good for another 100K at least if it hasn't been ignored too badly. At 214K it is just now due for a timing belt service assuming there was one done at 105K. If you can't verify that it has been done I wouldn't venture too far before getting it done. If it was done at 105K with factory or Aisin parts it's still due, but maybe not quite as critical as if it were done with virtually any other kit that is sold for that car. The full service includes the belt, belt tensioner, idler pulley, water pump, spark plugs, coolant, and valve adjustment. The Aisin TB kit with everything you need except the spark plugs and coolant can be had from Rock Auto for $180. With the fresh rebuilt trans you can put that on a every 15K drain and fill and it should be good for as long as the engine if it was rebuilt right. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts