Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I occasionally (and all too rarely) see an MDX on the road. I always grin at the driver and give her or him a thumbs-up. But I've wanted to do something different, something that more directly salutes the MDX. (Remember, I don't yet have my 'X yet; MDX drivers see me as just some guy in an old Exploder.)

I thought that American Sign Language might be a good medium for an MDX-specific salutation. With the help of this great website and its really neat converter applet, I'd like to propose two possible greetings, in the best club/secret-handshake tradition.

Here's the first:
MDX:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Nice idea, Marne. Too hard for me to remember. You should just simulate chugging wine from the bottle -- we'll know it's you :)

Otherwise, here's my submission...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Reminds me of that internet ad...

"I baked a cake with your dog.."

(You have to have seen it to get it, but a woman tries to make friends with a new deaf neighbor boy, learns ASL from a slow internet site, gets it wrong when she hands him a fresh baked cake)

If you get "M" "D" "X" wrong, next thing you know womeone who knows ASL will be after you, or worse, you've just offended some gangbanger....

·
Registered
681 Posts
I cannot remember the second one but I also afraid the first one was mistaken by someone as the middle finger. I will try to think of something beside a thumb up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Points!

I have seen that commercial! I guess I'd better stick to a smile and a thumb's up!:D :D :D

--Marne

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Good Points!

marne said:
I have seen that commercial! I guess I'd better stick to a smile and a thumb's up!:D :D :D

--Marne
I think you meant "thumb" up.... gotta keep your hands on the wheel!! :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Actually, I think "thumb's" up isn't the plural of thumb, but means thumb is up. What do you think?

Marne--great idea--I'll be sure to use the secret handshake when we come visit! :D

Rob :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
This got me thinking about an observation that MDX'rs are not as friendly as, say the CR-V crowd. Had the pleasure of getting both vehicles early on (April 97 for the 'V and Nov 00 for the 'X) and noticed that many more CR-V drivers waved back, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts