Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
It is a great article, and explains a lot of things. E.g. why a blue-tinted bulb isn't the same as a white xenon in a projector housing, and why just changing the bulb/ballast isn't as optimal as changing the entire assembly.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I agree! Great article, and nice job of finding it jswift2000, kudos to you! This helped me a lot! Thanks again! :29:

·
Registered
923 Posts
So what if it is old?It is helping other people out there! Thanks for the other thread HrdTsk!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BLACK-BLING-MDX,
I couldnt have said that better myself.

2002 Acura MDX!,
Great thread!!!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Oops

To be fair, yes, I (and others) missed the Club Lexus article on HID's in the thread "HID bulb vs. real HIDs". However, that article is buried in the second page of that thread. Frankly, there are lot of "xyz HID's vs. abc HID's" on this system, and some of us aren't interested in reading through them (especially if they ever get contentious). Whereas this thread is short and sweet with the title "Great HID article." That caught my eye, so it sure served its purpose!

·
Registered
840 Posts
You know...since the MDX fog lights are quite large and obvious (and bright) I just think it looks kinda goofy to have blue xenons up top and yellow halogens down below...it looks cohesive in stock form. If you have HID, change your fogs to a blue-ish color too if you can. I hate the look of all those cars out there (not MDX, others) that are dual color. Just doesn't look thought has went into it.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Another good source

lak said:
Apart from the excellent article suggested, here another good source (HID as well as anything you want to know about headlamps):

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/headlamp-faq.htm
http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/
Excellent info, it proved there are more compromises in after-market HID kits due to features of the stock headlight housing. Like the texture of the lens surface causing more reflections.
Supports my thoughts that the fog light housings are probably too small to support HID applications.

·
Registered
218 Posts
No to aftermarket kits?

DaleB said:
Excellent info, it proved there are more compromises in after-market HID kits due to features of the stock headlight housing. Like the texture of the lens surface causing more reflections.
Does this mean that it's not advisable to purchase aftermarket HID Kits for the MDX due to possible glare that might be caused by the texture of the lens surface? :confused:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'll need to do a search and see what people have said about the kits. I'm going to do mine in the next few days (bought the 4300K Phillips kit from European Autosports - made by xenon technologies) and i'll let you know about the glare. I dont think i'll be able to tell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts