Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:3: :3: :3:

Just had the MDX get hit by a gravel storm, due to some dumb A** trucker who doesn't know how to drive. I swear they should create separate highways for jerks like him.

Was following an 18 wheeler on an expressway. He decides to take an off ramp. As he merges onto the ramp, he hits the shoulder of the road and throws up a storm of gravel stone and dust. I had no where to go, as there was a car in the left hand lane.

Felt like a barrage of bullets. No way to track the trucker as the next exit was 5 miles down the road....only thing I could do was open the sunroof, honk the horn and give him the bird.

Got home and surveyed the damage. Had 13 paint chips on the front bumper, front right quarter panel and the hood. One stone was actually lodged between the hood and the top of the grill.

Coulda shot that guy I was so frustrated..... :3: :3: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Did you get any identification? License plate? I am not familiar with Canadian laws, but I have seen in the US where trucking co's have had to pay for such repairs. May require a police report, but you should check it out. His load should have been appropriately contained.

This has happened to me in the past and the trucking company paid for the repairs.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
That sucks, I bet you wish you had a shotgun to blow out his tires and possibly even more!!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Did the gravel come from the truck or off the side of the road?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts