Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum and found a few links supposedly to update the GRACENOTE file but those links either take me to the Acura Navigation Map Update page or they error out. My 2018 Map update folder tells me to go to www.gracenote.acura.com but this just takes me to the official Acura Map update page.
How do I get a new GRACENOTE update file?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Dude, did you even look at the link you posted? It's the right link. It asks for what vehicle you're driving, and then gives you the instructions and a "Get Update" link.

From your link I was able to download the Gracenote Update for my 2017 MDX in three clicks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Dude had tried to get to the site you reference repeatedly but for some strange reason whenever I input this exact same link it takes me directly to the Acura Navigation Center not the Web pages you have posted. I will continue to work on just not quite sure why it happening.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
As an alternative, I've uploaded the file to Dropbox. Download here.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks p07r0457
I clicked on the first link and it downloaded the file to my computer. I will transfer this to a thumb drive and see if it will load into my Acura.
I still have no idea why I can't go directly to the GraceNote update page and keep getting redirected to the Acura Navigation page. I even tried to access it from my iPhone with the same misdirection.

·
Registered
713 Posts
For some reasons not all thumb drives work. I believe it has to be in FAT32 in a full format and not quick format.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The file our downloaded from p07r0457 worked perfectly and my 2015 MDX advanced is now up to date on GRACENOTE. I still have not been able to access the site directly using any device or browser I own. Really strange.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Pretty much. Recognizes the songs and populates their covers, titles, artists instead of just showing track 1..2...etc. It's pretty much a dead business though. People just rely on streaming and BT carries that data in most cases.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts