Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are nice! Zinc coated and came with all the hardware and copper washers for the brake line connection.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
..... were you having issues with brakes and you changed it or you just want new caliper ? lmk thanks
I had uneven wear on driver front. I’ve been keeping on top of it with frequently greasing the pins but this latest round the pads on the driver front wore out (unevenly) while the passenger had 50% pad meat left.

I am running Autozone’s house brand Duralast Ceramic pads so I get the pads exchanged under warranty so no loss there.

When I replace a caliper I generally replace them both at the same time becasue North East winters prematurely wear them out.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even though they are coated I am thinking about hitting them with some high heat flat black paint.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When replacing brake pads , rotors is it good to replace brake caliper also
Replace the calipers only when you have abnormal brake pad wear. Calipers can go 10 years or more with proper care. But here in the northeast they last about 5 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am running Autozone’s house brand Duralast Ceramic pads so I get the pads exchanged under warranty so no loss there.
Thanks for the info... I had them for tsx also.. but traded the car in before I can exchange the pads..
I might go that route again.. hows the dust on the duralast

By chance are you also using autozone rotors or something else, or still origiinal

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No dust issues unless I go a long time between washing and even then it’s not bad. Just make sure you get the ceramic pads.

I am running Raybestos Rotors - they are holding up well. I have some rust chips on the spine but no worse than OEM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts