Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire Rack had a sale on these 20x9.5 +38 wheels ($99/ea) so I got them along with 255/45/20 General AS-03. I like them because they don't look as crazy as chrome 22's, they look almost like they could be OEM wheels, which is exactly what I was looking for. THey just happened to be on sale, good for me.

Sorry for nighttime pictures, just threw them on after work. Only disappointment is that the OEM center caps from the 19" wheels don't fit by about 1/2mm. The size matches, but they just fit a tiny bit loose. I'm trying to think of ways to fit them in there better, because the center caps look perfect, even the color matches. Now my stock 19's have my snow tires on them (Blizzaks). Fitment is excellent, now I just want to lower it some. My suspension is clunking a tiny bit in the front, and I'm not paying $4000 to buy new magnetic suspension, so I'll probably get OEM struts and custom springs to lower it somewhere between 1.5-2"

Also replaced headlight bulbs with 6000k, same with DRL's and fog lights, also the parking lights and reverse lights with LED's. Overall I'm pretty satisfied. I debadged the rear as well, but I left the Acura logo because of the two small holes, want to find out a way to cover them without just using black plugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
They don't look bad at all..
I am wondering how did you hook up 6000K HIDs in the DRLs? Considering they run at 6volts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't look bad at all..
I am wondering how did you hook up 6000K HIDs in the DRLs? Considering they run at 6volts.
I didn't, they are simple replacement bulbs that use LED's instead of the standard bulbs. It's giving me a check light for the DRL's, but not the fogs. Going to have to add the resistors to get rid of the warning light.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Looks good. I also thought my 20's looked a tad small, especially since I have a lip on my rims which usually makes them look one size smaller. They look perfect now after a 2" custom drop.

If you haven't converted the inside to led, I highly recommend it. It makes a big difference there too IMO.

Just make sure you get the good ones. My first batch was on the bluish side. I found another set that was more pure white and now I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Jason, do you have any rubbing with the 20x9.5 wheels? I am trying to figure out what is the widest 20 inch wheel I can put on my 2011 MDX. Do you know if 20x10 will rub? I know there is a less than 1" space, between the 20x10 and the strut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Jason, do you have any rubbing with the 20x9.5 wheels, in front wheel? I am trying to figure out what is the widest 20 inch wheel I can put on my 2011 MDX. Do you know if 20x10 will rub? I know there is a less than 1" space, between the 20x10 and the strut.

·
Registered
22 Posts
bringing this thread back up to hopefully get some insight -- how are the LEDs in the fog light housing illuminating the road? Can you link the ones you are using? Thanks.

·
Registered
859 Posts
bringing this thread back up to hopefully get some insight -- how are the LEDs in the fog light housing illuminating the road? Can you link the ones you are using? Thanks.
Yes, LED in fogs shines much wider. I had Morimoto xenon and LEDS kills it.
I have raised my fogs little bit because projectors in headlights are just pathetic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts