Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting (and lurking). Finally got a vin number for a 2002 Silver non-touring. Expect delivery in a couple of weeks. Was tempted to wait for the 2003, but we really need the car. Happy to get MSRP at least, which is still tricky in my area.

What do you folks think about an extended warrantly? I'm being offered 7 years/75,000 miles for $1395. I will own the car with a view towards keeping it for a while. Any other words of advice or things to look for upon taking delivery? Only options at this point will be the roof rack and running boards.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Depending upon the timing of delivery, you may be in a better position to negotiate. If it is end-of-month, the price should be better. At any rate, that seems high for the extended warranty. It is negotiable just like other prices.

·
Registered
197 Posts
When we bought in July, we were offered an extended warranty for $1350 that would take it out to 7 years/100k. Supposedly, if you have no warranty claims after the 7 years, they will refund your money. Personally, I decided to decline. I'm sure the pricing varies from dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
rogerk said:
...What do you folks think about an extended warrantly? I'm being offered 7 years/75,000 miles for $1395....
Are you sure the warranty is not 7yr/100,000 miles? I haven't heard of 75k miles.:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Got My Vin # - Now Some Questions

mdxxxx said:

Are you sure the warranty is not 7yr/100,000 miles
Yup, 7yr/100,000 was quoted as $1,800. I don't expect to be putting a lot of miles on and he mentioed that 75k was an option. I'll have to follow up with my dealer on the price. He has been pretty good so far.

·
Registered
285 Posts
make sure that warranty offer is from 'american honda', not some third-party ones...

if you search for 'extended warranty', you should be able to pick up a couple of threads that have extensive discussions about the topic...

i personally will decline that offer, you can always purchase it later (maybe pays a little bit more) as long as your mdx is still under the factory warranty...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts