Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 months wait and now with 700 miles on my Chariot I am as happy as can be.

Thanks to tim for the following (TRIVIA: I am that someone Tim mentioned as the record holder for the largest order):
Acura chrome license plates
All season mats
Body dide molding
Shift knob
Cargo cover
Cargo liner
Cargo net
Painted fender flairs
Nose mask
Moonroof visor
Tailgate deflector
Side steps
Rear splash guards
Wheel locks
Wood-grain trim meter trim kit
Wood-grain steering wheel
Sunscreen

Purchased elsewhere:
Manik front bar and tailguards
Tinted front windows - 35%
K&N air filter
Plasma highs, lows, & fogs (I love the HID look w/o the cost)

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Chris,

That is an AWESOME X. Thank god that we have Tim. Otherwise, you would have spent more money on the accessories than the car itself if you had to get all those from the dealer. Now, how long did it take you to put all those together?

Picture of interior would be nice. :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Chris,

Doesn't the Frontbar look like it might have been installed a bit low? Just curious...

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Chris,

Mean-lookin' ride...looks great!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whitemdx:

Thanks for the compliment. Your right about Tim. Other people have nice photos of wood interior, so I didn't take any. Mine looks no different.

MDXtrous:

It might seem low in these photos, but straight on and when its following you, it looks perfect (like its made for the X and it is). It doesn't seem to have much in the way of adjustments, but I wouldn't.

TheWorm:

Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Your new MDX looks so cool and wild! It sure has a lot of personality.... Congratulations!!

:) :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!

That looks amazing, the body coloured flares and the manik front and rear guards look amazing. I really like the black on the manik bars, the silver was kind of a bit of an eyesoar but that looks great. I already like the MDX's styling so I couldn't find a way to justify all the things that you bought, but I am starting to consider all of those things.

"02 Mesa Biege MDX w/ trailer hitch, cargo net.

"02 Mahogany MDX w/ trailer hitch, cargo net.

·
Registered
679 Posts
chris.soto said:
last one. I have more if there are any requests.
Looks great Chris. If your taking more pics, I'd like to see a shot of the front bar from the side at bumper level so I can see how far the bar sticks out and how much clearance there is between the bar and the bumper/hood. A shot from the front at gound level looking up at the underside of the front bar would be nice.
Also, a shot from directly behind of the whole rear end at bumper level, as well as a closeup of one of the tail light guards with the hatch up would be nice to see. Does the portion of the front bar that surrounds the headlights install seperately, or is it one piece? I've misplaced my Manik catalogue, but I thought it said something about a full or partial front bar being available. I'd love to just get the center portion for a "parking aid" and a place to mount some bug zappers. I got used to parking my old CR-V with a Safari Bar on the front and it saved me from a concrete block once when I wasn't paying close attention while parking. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whitemdx:

Someone else did all the work (Northshore Auto Salon in Great Neck)

GatorGreg:

I don't know when I will get around to taking new photos, but here are a few more. I hope they help a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW!

Your MDX looks tight!! I got mine about 3 weeks ago and after looking at your pictures, I'm interested in putting on the manik front and rear bars.

Also, I noticed that your MDX has a little strip on the side that protects the car from door dings. I'm sure that didn't come with the MDX because I don't have one.

I was wondering if you could tell me the costs of the manik bars and the strips on the side.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Welcome to the board!! The strips are called Body Side Mouldings. The best place to get them is on

www.hondacuraworld.com and they are $98.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
594 Posts
And...

And they are Original Honda accessories, not a third part aftermarket brand, and they come with a template to make installation really simple. There is more information on installation if you search around a bit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nose mask and Fender Flares

Dear Chris,
Do you have any problem putting on the nose mask with the fender flares installed? I heard that could be problematic, what is your experience?

Please excuse me for posting the same question in multiple threads, I need to find out soon, real soon.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have followed the forum for months and have decided that this is a good time to jump in and join the fun.

I've had a deposit on a 2002 Evergreen Pearl (unique to Canada) MDX since June and I'm told the new ride will be available in January. In the meantime, of course, picking out accessories is an enjoyable way of passing the time.

I'm interested in the Manik front bar and was hoping to find out more about the possible negative impact it may have on things like wind noise at highway speeds, accessibility to the hood, washing, and the increase in the overall weight of the vehicle. Also, do any holes need to be drilled into the vehicle, or do any modifications need to be made to the original equipment, to install the Manik front bar?

I love the aggressive look, but I'm hoping to get a picture of the overall maintenance of the front bar.

Thanks for all the help.

ps - I keep checking those pics on a regular basis. That's one sweet ride, chris.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts