Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My perspective of SUV comparison to my '03 Black/Saddle Touring that I picked up last night is my '00 ML320. Initial impressions are strongly favorable. Quieter, quicker, much better visability, wider, more car-like. Got to the dealer around 3:30, got out after 8PM...missed all the trick-or-treat action. Took awhile as I weighed buying it outright (my usual mode), leasing, or financing. Since I put $55K on my Mercedes in 2.5 years and the financing didn't wow me, I just bought it. Due to my driving, I opted for the extended warranty to 100K when I got 'em down to $1500.
Like the last scene in Casablanca, I gotta say - all in all, this could be the begining of a beautiful friendship.:)

Stumpie

'03 Black/Saddle Touring w/only all-weather mats

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction to my previous post...

....meant to say 55K miles, not dollars.....:)

Stumpie

·
Registered
699 Posts
Congratulations! Sounds like ya done good!

BTW, there's an Edit button you can use to change a post if you made a typo... There are two buttons right below each post: "Edit" and "Quote". You can't edit someone else's post (wouldn't that be fun), but you can edit your own. The "Quote" button let's you respond to a post with an embedded quote in the response. JFYI.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Before buying my 01 MDX, I test drove all the competitors. The only one that I thought I might buy was the new-at-the-time Montero. Frankly, the ML320 was a POS. Can't imagine why anybody would buy one of those unless it was just for the badge. The first corner I took with it scared the hell out of me and my wife! You are going to be SOOOO much happier with the MDX...plus it won't spend most of its life in the shop like the ML320 does.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.....

....I agree, it certainly feels like a signifant upgrade. I had my ML in the shop quite a bit, I must admit. Only advantage it may have over the MDX would be offroad, and I went offroad a total of 2 times in the last 2 1/2 years....by virtue of the fact that I've had it in the newspaper for 2 weeks with no calls at all may support the theory.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Stumpie

Glad that I found out finally somebody who had experience with an ML320.

Did you have to go to the shop often ? That's what I heard about ML320. Also, why didn't you get the X5 ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ml320 / X5 / MDX......

...well, i didn't go for the X5 because the MDX is twice the truck at $10K less, in essence...X5 has no interior space, is not an SUV, and, oh - what the heck - you just gotta read all the threads to know what I'm talking about. The ML is another story....but lemme save us both alot of time....just drove my ML320 about a mile, and couldn't wait to get back in my '03 MDX.....'nuff said.

The Stump Like One....

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Yet another convert. . . :6:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Ml320 / X5 / MDX......

stumpie said:
...just drove my ML320 about a mile, and couldn't wait to get back in my '03 MDX.....'nuff said.
The Stump Like One....
LOL! Yeah, but what do you REALLY think!? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts