Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As discussed on this forums, the factory reverse lights are completely inadequate by design. Its not that they are not bright enough, they can be with LED upgrades. It's that they point in the wrong direction and are useless at night with the backup camera.

I wanted an auxiliary light, but didn't want something that looked like it came from a utility trailer or rack body. I found this little guy. Its about the size of the factory camera, can easily be mounted above the license plate and draws low amperage so it can be tapped into the OEM light circuit. Wiring was simple, just ran it under the plastic trim and behind the taillight housing. Best of all, for its size, its pretty damn bright and illuminates the area where the camera points.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
price, link?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tks for sharing Apex1.

For canadian mdx owners, if you want a shock, look on amazon.ca. On Amazon.com the unit sells for 14.95. On Amazon.ca, it's 56.95! Oh, wait, on the canadian site, it's chrome, not black. That explains the 4x the cost.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Maybe the $14.95 US equals $56.95 CAD with the Amazon conversion calculator?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ordered!

·
Registered
13 Posts
maybe one of our U.S. friends can order and ship to us here in Canada? Now wouldn't that be nice!!! It would still be only half the cost. I am in if anybody feels sorry for their poor, overtaxed neighbors north of the border.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
The +10 MDX back-up camera has guidelines, contrast adjustment, and wide, normal, and trailer hitch hook-up view. I like the wide angle view because it help when backing out of a parking spot with cross traffic and pedestrians when you can't see looking over your shoulder.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.