Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow MDXers,

First of all, Happy New Year 2003 to all my friends out there.

I had the luggage basket for a while, but my wife hid it and gave it to me for Christmas. How sneeky.

Well, the box it came in was about 4.5 feet by 8 inches by 8 inches. Didn't look like much until I fully asembled it. It is very nice.

I had some pictures of it while I was assembling it, but formatted my memory card before going out for New Year's Eve. I have included a pic of the completed basket. Weather here in NY is lousy right now, but I will install it on the truck when it clears up soon and post some more pics.

This basket will fit on any year MDX with the roof rack. The brackets that connect to the roof rack slide on a rail and allow it to attach to any roof rack. I would highly recommend this to everyone since you can basically install it on ANY vehicle with a roof rack.

I basically got my kids a big wagon for CHristmas and this basket will be excellent for throwing it on top of the MDX since the wagon will not fit inside if I have third row of seats up. Also great for holding basically anything.

Oh yeah, the unit also comes with a very sturdy net with hooks to put over your cargo so it does not blow away and also comes with a couple of nice tie down straps. This is one item I will keep for a very long time and glad Tim could help me get it.

Attachments

·
3,109 Posts
Whats that little logo piece for?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Acura Logo

The logo thingee is just a blow up of the Acura logo which appears on both sides of the luggage basket.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Hey Mushman when do we get to see a photo of it on YOUR X not some acura picture. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to take some pics but it is just ice cold here in NY. Will try and install it in a day or so if I can bear the weather.

Looks like a simple install though. The brackets (2 on each side) which are on the basket slide along the length of the basket so can be installed on to any cross bars.

Maybe I can just sit it on top of the X and get some pics.

Mush

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
The Second option is good enough for me.:4:

·
Registered
254 Posts
What is additonal height?

Hey Mushman, when you actually install, can you post how many inches you increased the height of your X? Is it the full 8 inches of the basket? I want to know if I can use one and still get into the garage without turning my X into a convertible. :eek:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
That is a HUGE acura logo.... :rolleyes:

Waiting to see the photo of it sitting on the roof rack. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a bit confused on accessories for our new '04. I was all set on the ACURA luggage rack. The Hondaacura world price is very fair at $305.50. But if you look at the volvo official website, as earlier in the thread, the suggested, the volvo rack looks the same...but their "official price" is $112.38"!!! Could there really be that much mark up? I was inclinded to get the acura product sight unseen since its roughly the same price as the Thule or Yakima but I sure don't want to spend $300 for a $100 rack. Insights anyone? Any new thoughts on roof racks to update this thread.
THe volvo reference is http://www.volvoxc90.com/details/accessories.shtml

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Blue Jay,

Nice catch on that but the big Q is whether it would fit onto an X?

If it is, count me in.:4:

·
Registered
715 Posts
$112 is either a misprint or a great bargain! Only the Volvo dealer would know for sure.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Luggage Basket for 2005 MDX

I noticed that a few of you purchased the Luggage Basket. Do you have a dimensions? We are driving to the East Coast this summer and I would love to be able to take the golf clubs and place some luggage on top. Also are there available locks for the rack so I don't have to worry about this investment being stolen in travel? I look forward to any response.

Thanks
TMP73
Aurora, Illinois

1 - 15 of 15 Posts