Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, finally an official MDXER. I just brought home a 2016 MDX SH-AWD with 52K miles. The transmission seems to be switching fine. Don't feel there is any issue. How do I make sure the transmission coolant heater issue is fixed on this. Also how do I check if all the TSB are done on this. Would appreciate any general advice on things to check as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the Carfax only has a few generic entries of => miles - Acura dealer name - Vehicle serviced. Hence not sure how to ensure service schedules and TSB's are up to date.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the tips. I don't see any pending recall on the Acura website. Hopefully all is done on this vehicle. In sport mode, I don't feel the shift to be too bad So going to keep riding in sport mode for now.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The previous owner should have documented all service in the booklet, usually stored in the leather wallet in the glove box. Otherwise the maintenance minder should tell you when to service, and which service is needed. These are pretty low maintenance SUVs, other than the fluid replacements. Enjoy!

·
Registered
644 Posts
there are recalls and TSB's. The non-recall TSB's don't come up on the Acura site. The only way to know is to go to the dealer, see what their system shows, and ask them to check for open TSB's. Some TSB's tell how to know if something has been done. For example you read the TSB and it will say something like ... and check to see if the software version is X.X.X.X or later. Also not all dealers report service to Carfax, mine does not. When I bought it, it was supposedly up to date but my dealer found 3 software updates that had not been applied so they did them. But I specifically PAID them to look thru all the TSB's to make sure the car was up to date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts